I don't know if anyone else has this problem, or if its just me. But I have trouble playing an F, F#, A#, or B power chord for a long period of time. I'm not sure if its just the position of the neck or anything, but when I go behind the third fret, it starts to just cause pain in my wrist. I noticed my arm was bent a little bit differently, and I was wondering if there was any way to fix this.
My Band:
The 8th Degree
Facebook.com/The8thDegreeBand

My Gear
Guitars:

Schecter Damien Elite 6
ESP LTD MH-53

Amps
Fender Frontman 212R 100W
Line 6 Spider III 75W

Effects
Dunlop GCB-95
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus

<3 7/4/11 <3
That could be, but it hasn't been happening until recently. And I haven't recently damaged my wrist either. So is it a possibility I picked up a bad habit somewhere?
My Band:
The 8th Degree

My Gear
Guitars:

Schecter Damien Elite 6
ESP LTD MH-53

Amps
Line 6 Spider III 75W

Effects
Dunlop GCB-95
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus

<3 7/4/11 <3
Certainly possible. I would suggest watching your hand and wrist in a comfortable chord position then go to your 'bad' chords. Take nOte of any subtle changes and correct as nessessary.
Or just slide up from the comfy position.
That seems like a good idea. I'll start trying that
My Band:
The 8th Degree

My Gear
Guitars:

Schecter Damien Elite 6
ESP LTD MH-53

Amps
Line 6 Spider III 75W

Effects
Dunlop GCB-95
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus

<3 7/4/11 <3
Take a good look at your posture, make sure your wrist isn't bent too much and make sure that the power for fretting is coming from your fingers and not your wrist of palm or anything else.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Hey,

Here are a couple things you could try. Hopefully they help out.

- keep the spot that connects yourknuckles with your hand as flat against the bottom of the fret board as possible. It doesn’t have to touch the neck, but positioning it as horizontally as you can will do.

-Try standing up and seeing if that lowers the pain at all. When you stand it changes your posture and hopefully lower the pain for you.

Try those couple of tips and let me know how you go.
For 'Ultimate Guitar' Members: I wrote an ebook called "The Ultimate Guide To Playing The Guitar".

If you'd like a FREE copy of it, you can do so by Clicking Here
I've noticed that I do play those chords better while standing, however while practicing or recording I'm usually sitting. I checked the posture, and it seems mostly the same, and I tried lessening my pressure to the point where I'm barely touching the strings, but with enough force to get the notes out (if that makes any sense). That also seemed to help, but I think its just an awkward position for me. The only thing that i really noticed is that my forearm seems to face the headstock more towards those two frets, but from the third fret and past that, i can usually keep my arm parallel to my neck. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it
My Band:
The 8th Degree

My Gear
Guitars:

Schecter Damien Elite 6
ESP LTD MH-53

Amps
Line 6 Spider III 75W

Effects
Dunlop GCB-95
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus

<3 7/4/11 <3
try working on your posture while sitting, or moving your guitar further towards your picking hand
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Take a good look at your posture, make sure your wrist isn't bent too much and make sure that the power for fretting is coming from your fingers and not your wrist of palm or anything else.

^^^THIS^^^

OP, along the lines of posture... you may want to check the position of your guitar. Alot of people like to play with it hanging down to their knees. That's fine if you like it that way and its comfy. But for most people it puts their wrist in a pretty gnarly angle, and causes alot of un-nessasary pain. I have no clue what your posture or guitar position look like but it may be something to check out!

Also if you practice sitting down you may want to try adjusting your guitar height to match the same height it would be when standing. It's a small thing, but it makes a huge diffrence
Quote by MetlHed94

Well played, sir, well played.