Hey Guys!

I have been playing Electric guitar for about a year and a half now and recently decided to move on to acoustic, I know all the basic chords and everything but I only know one strum pattern and that is D/ DU/ UD/ U.

The problem is thats the only one I can do so almost everything I play almost sounds the same, I can't for the life of me listen to a song and pick out the pattern myself.

Any tips on figuring out the strum patterns?
Quote by Shinozoku
No, the guitar was built to play metal. Not pussy ass cowboy chords. They won't work on that guitar. Get a Gibson Hummingbird for that bullshit. .
UG'ers of Newfoundland
Slow down the song if you can, and tap your foot to it, that should help you out.
my favorite way is muting all the strings with my left hand and just listening to the song while using my right hand to try and match
Quote by Keiraw
my favorite way is muting all the strings with my left hand and just listening to the song while using my right hand to try and match

+1
It's easier when you take the chord changes out of the equation at first and just focus on the rhythm.
Thanks a lot guys! Ill try out all the suggestions
Quote by Shinozoku
No, the guitar was built to play metal. Not pussy ass cowboy chords. They won't work on that guitar. Get a Gibson Hummingbird for that bullshit. .
UG'ers of Newfoundland
Guitar strumming patterns are hard to learn but then become very easy very quickly. Learn tips on how to strum a guitar and develop other strumming patterns in this free video clip on learning the guitar
its not that difficult to figure out more strum patterns on your own... liste to a song and tap your fingers on the table along with the drums (it doesn't have to be perfect, just listen to the beat)... now go try it on guitar. or at least thats how it worked for me
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
All great tips guys
Quote by Shinozoku
UG'ers of Newfoundland