Poll Options
View poll results: Elvis or Beatles?
Elvis
49 20%
Beatles
196 80%
Voters: 245.
Page 1 of 4
After watching Pulp Fiction again I decided to pose this question to UG. So, are you an Elvis man or Beatles man?

Personally I respect both artists but I find myself listening to the Beatles more than Elvis, so it'd be the Beatles for me.

Go!
GIMME FUE GIMMA FAI GIMMA DABAJAZA

Fender American Strat > Korg Chromatic Tuner > Jemini Distortion > Boss DD7 > Blackstar HT 20
Elvis all the way. I'm willing to fight to the death over it too.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Beatles, bitch.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Why make us choose?
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by pbiggie
Neither.

You gotta have an opinion man.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Beatles. My favorite Beatles go in this order:

George - I always liked his songwriting, and imo he had the best solo career. I wouldn't call him the best beatle, just my favorite.
Paul - Wrote my favorite Beatles song and had the second best solo career
John
Ringo
Neither.

EDIT: this:
Quote by cornmancer
.. "Elvis Presley ain't got no soul, Chuck Berry is Rock and Roll."

Quote by poopsmith666
I sincerely hope one day you look back at this post and realize how ignorant you're being about the concept of getting high.

Quote by strat0blaster
Out of those choices, I'm going to go with the Bastrapple.
Elvis was a tool.
A black man taught him how to sing and perform, none of his songs were written by him.

He basically took credit for other peoples work.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by The Madcap

George - I always liked his songwriting, and imo he had the best solo career. I wouldn't call him the best beatle, just my favorite.
John
Ringo

I can't pick favourites. I used to like George and John the best, but lately I've really been getting into Paul's songs. Plus, Octopus's Garden is one of my absolute favourite songs of all time, so yay for Ringo.

Anyway, to answer the original question, The Beatles. I love love love them. Although Elvis is the man.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Elvis. Hands down. I enjoy me some Beatles now and then, but Elvis is the once and future King.

Edit: Young Elvis, BTW. He lost all his charm once he got fat.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Chuck Berry
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Both, I like the Beatles a little bit more just because they got me into most of the stuff I like today
Quote by Alucard817
Elvis was a tool.
A black man taught him how to sing and perform, none of his songs were written by him.

No one could work the stage like Elvis. Also his version of Always on My Mind is one of the greatest recordings of all time.
Quote by howamidriving?
im honestly kinda shocked people still listen to elvis

I'm honestly kind of shocked you don't SHUT UP

Quote by Alucard817
Elvis was a tool.

You too!
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Call me old fashioned, but there's nothing quite like the 1950's reissue of Fortress.
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Chuck Berry

Jerry Lee Lewis bitch.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Death_switch
No one could work the stage like Elvis. Also his version of Always on My Mind is one of the greatest recordings of all time.

This too.

Elvis reinvented stage presence. Before him, all they did was stand there and play. You were lucky if the bassist gave his stand-up a spin.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
There are few bands I care less for than the Beatles. Can't say I listen to a lot of Elvis either, but he was a cool guy. Great entertainer, and that's what drew the crowds and the attention.
Elvis wasn't bad, I enjoy a lot of his songs, but I mean come on. They're the ****ing Beatles man. The Beatles are the greatest man. Sure Elvis did a lot, but The Beatles did even more. They took Elvis's lessons, refined them, and wrote five more textbooks per album.

Plus, Elvis will always be the white Chuck Berry to me.
Last edited by cornmancer at Mar 31, 2011,
The Beatles, I guess because I appreciate their experimentation with stretching the parameters of pop music. Of course, Elvis did the same, but there's something much more DIY about the Beatles than his sort of slick, uber-glamorous persona.

Yep, that's me.
Quote by bradulator
Beatles, bitch.

Chea.
Call me old fashioned but I prefer 'rock music' that has electric guitars.
Quote by The Madcap

John
Ringo

Naw man, nnnaawww.

John was by far and away the best songwriter within the beatles. His solo career was straight up dick, but you can't beat songs like Happiness Is A Warm Gun and Strawberry Fields.

George was my second favorite member of the beatles because all of the songs he wrote with them were bitching and he also had the best solo career as you stated.

Paul is a close third behind George, I enjoy his nonsensical and jovial tunes like When I'm 64 and Maxwell's Silver Hammer, but I wasn't crazy about his solo career with wings & linda. Paul had the best voice of the group too IMO.

Ringo is...well, Ringo.
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Mar 31, 2011,
personally Beatles, although the Beatles were heavily influenced by Elvis, the Beatles themselves were more talented songwriters, musicians, singers, and artists.

The Beatles created art, Elvis impersonated it.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
The Beatles were evil.

The Beatles were wrong.

Where have i seen that before?
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
I'm definitely a Beatles man, I know that elvis is supposed to be the King and everything, but what King of Rock n Roll makes a bajillion movies, and starts only singing ballads? And he didn't write either, the Beatles were some of the greatest writers of all time.
Neither.
Do I respect them both? Yeah
Do I fully understand how influential they are? Hell Yeah
Do I enjoy listening to their music? Not particularly

I'm more of a Blue Cheer man myself
If creationists made Pokemon:
"What the, Pikachu is...Congratulations, God decided your Pikachu is now a Raichu."

So what...I like Metal...sue me

"music elitists"
Page 1 of 4