ok so im adusting the intunation on my fender strat and all of a sudden i notice that the bridge was lifted by like 3/4 of an inch know that some people do this but did i change it???????? it was almost touching the body before????? sooooooooo how do i fix it? sorry for the bother
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Just me and rhino will end in the extinction of a species.
If its not a tremolo I dont understand how this happened
-Dean Dave mustaine vmnt
-Ibanez Rg550 90'
Jvm410c
IFUCKINLOVEMARTYFRIEDMAN
did you just restring with larger strings? did you chane the trem springs?

generally thats because there is too much pull forward on the bridge. on the back of the gitar there are trem springs to counter act this force. they need to be tightened.
Tighten the screws holding the plate that the tremolo springs attach to, you might want to slack your strings off a bit before doing, tune up and see if the bridge lifts again, repeat until it's levelled and tuned then work on your intonation.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
Quote by ikey_
did you just restring with larger strings? did you chane the trem springs?

generally thats because there is too much pull forward on the bridge. on the back of the gitar there are trem springs to counter act this force. they need to be tightened.

nope and nope. i didnt change strings recently. and how do you tighten the trem springs?
oh and its a floating bridge

@faux how did you lock it down? did you block it?
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Well changing the intonation can change where the tension is placed on the bridge, so a simple adjustment should fix it.
Open up the back and tighten them screws.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Open up the back and tighten these the same amount of turns for each.
Gear:
Fender American Tele (Lefty)
Squier Affinity Strat (Lefty)
Boss DS-1
EHX Small Clone
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Laney LG12
Danelectro FAB Flanger (Rubbish)
no freak out needed....and idk why that dude thinks its a floating trem on a fender strat but w.e, listen simple fix, slack your strings a little bit, and just tighten the 2 screws that go into the body of your guitar on the back where the springs are, retune, you should be fine.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
no one mentioned though, that the bridge should be level to the body, or else your intonation will be ****ed
You are changing the tension on the string when you turn those screws. Read up on how to set up a Strat bridge and you shall be enlightened.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
thanks i fixed it at like 10 last night. wait you mean a strat trem isnt a floating one?? or is a floating trem like a floyd rose style?
Quote by bluestratplayer
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Quote by rhino1957
thanks i fixed it at like 10 last night. wait you mean a strat trem isnt a floating one?? or is a floating trem like a floyd rose style?

yes young one, a floyd rose or anything resembling is a classified as a floating trem. your trem (like mine) is either called a strat-style trem....and if u have a strat u can just call it a vintage tremolo
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
yes young one, a floyd rose or anything resembling is a classified as a floating trem. your trem (like mine) is either called a strat-style trem....and if u have a strat u can just call it a vintage tremolo
Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong wrong, wrong wrong wrong.

A floating trem is any trem that is set up so that it can be pulled up to raise pitch as well as pushed down to lower pitch. You can do this either by taking extra wood out from behind the trem so that it has more room to move backwards which is how most Floyds are installed these days and is called recessing, or you can simply lower the spring tension so the bridge raises up a little which is how Fender sets up their Strats. Jazzmaster and Jaguar trems are kind of a combination of the two.

Floating and whether the bridge is recessed or not have got absolutely nothing to do with what kind of trem you're talking about other than that neither term applies to Bigsby bridges.