I'm working on my pitch. For song I'm trying to keep a steady y pitch when need be and when they go up I do and when they go down etc. Now this good? I do mostly acoustic. Just really looking for basics of singing. I got my breathing ok using diaphragm. Just my pitch needs help.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
If you have a tuner or online tuner use that. If you're holding a note and it feels like the sound goes 'up' then you're getting sharp and if it's 'down' then it's flat. Just keep using a tuner and when you can hold out perfect pitch your ears will get used to what the perfect pitch sounds like. And you will naturally sing better.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
listen to the notes you wish to sing. imagine the notes you wish to sing. then finally sing the notes you with to sing. you must hear the notes before you can actually hit them effectively.
Quote by silly6-string
I'm working on my pitch. For song I'm trying to keep a steady y pitch when need be and when they go up I do and when they go down etc. Now this good?
Can you hear when you go out of pitch? Can you tune your guitar by ear for instance?

If so, it's a question to train your voice. Practice until you're strong enough to reach the right pitch spot on, and not just glide into it. I'm sometimes told to aproach high notes from above, or at least to think of it this way.

If you have trouble hearing the right pitch, you need to train your ear. There are a few techniques for that. Lots of threads here talk about it. It takes a huge amount of practice though.
k cool ya i can tell if my guitar is out of tune. I can play chord and just thins thisdont sound right. SO i get my tuner and im right its out of tune. WHats the best place to get ear traine=ing on net. i have a relitive speach disk thing i got but never did it.

i would love to train my ear where is the best place to strart
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal