So I was just going a walk and, since it's 3am and I live in city centre, there are a good few drunks walking home from clubs.

Anyway, I saw these 2 guys fighting and proper going at it - so I called the police.

I just thought it was quite weird, since I've never had to do it before. Is calling the police for a fight normal or is that just wasting their time?

It wasn't like a wee push around or something, one guy was severely beating the other guy.
**** da police.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Nah, their job is to write tickets.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
if the police have the time to participate in the "war on drugs," then theyve got time to check out that fight
Quote by Jon777
This. You shouldn't feel weird about it at all.

This, you'd actually be kinda a dick if you didn't call them.
No-one calls the police anymore, they just leave doughnut trails leading to the scene of the crime.
🙈 🙉 🙊
You should have video taped it and posted it on youtube instead. What the hell is wrong with you, TS?
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Make the police get off their asses and do their jobs.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I'm sure the guy getting his face beaten in thought calling the police was the right decision.
My complaint isn't with the cops, it's with the EMS service. They're suppose to be calm and collected but most of the time they come off as cold and moody.
One time I called 911 because I saw a dog get hit HARD by a car and was limping all over the road and the man on the other line goes "well what do you want me to do about it?". I know it's not their expertise but yeesh you could've contacted ASPCA or something...
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Washburn WD15SCE acoustic electric
Carvin DC727 (ordered! The wait is driving me nuts!)
Drunken fights are the sort of thing that sort themselves out. No need to get the cops involved unless one participant gets mortally wounded.
The guy should have grown a pair and fought back.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by RU Experienced?
Drunken fights are the sort of thing that sort themselves out. No need to get the cops involved unless one participant gets mortally wounded.

Isn't the problem with this that you want to prevent someone from being mortally wounded?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Isn't the problem with this that you want to prevent someone from being mortally wounded?

Don't tell me what I want to do.
Quote by LightxGrenade
I'm sure the guy getting his face beaten in thought calling the police was the right decision.
My complaint isn't with the cops, it's with the EMS service. They're suppose to be calm and collected but most of the time they come off as cold and moody.
One time I called 911 because I saw a dog get hit HARD by a car and was limping all over the road and the man on the other line goes "well what do you want me to do about it?". I know it's not their expertise but yeesh you could've contacted ASPCA or something...

i think its cause they work 12 hour shifts i'd be kinda moody if i had to work for 12 hours a time
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
You did the right thing. They get a worse rep than they deserve, for the most part most cops are actually pretty understanding and are more concerned with keeping people safe then dealing out tickets left and right for breaking any rule.
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Quote by championguitar
i think its cause they work 12 hour shifts i'd be kinda moody if i had to work for 12 hours a time

No, the sit on their fat asses all day and beat the fuck out of you if you don't tell them what they want to hear.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
This is a newspaper listing from the Police Log in my local newspaper:

Trust me, TS. Your phone call to the police was legitimate.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
No, the sit on their fat asses all day and beat the fuck out of you if you don't tell them what they want to hear.

and eat donuts
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Quote by RU Experienced?
Don't tell me what I want to do.

I'll ask from now on.

Do you want to get fucked up?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
You did the right thing TS. There should be more people like you. Instead, we have people who spectate rape in a public area, and record it, and do nothing.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing