hi, I need to know if I can do the 18v mod on my dean dave mustaine, Ive heard this cant be done on blackouts but its possible on LiveWires.

I dont want to (f-word) up my guitar so before that I must know, Can this mod be done on my seymour duncan dave mustaine LiveWires?
-Dean Dave mustaine vmnt
-Ibanez Rg550 90'
Jvm410c
IFUCKINLOVEMARTYFRIEDMAN
Last edited by ArkanRg at Mar 31, 2011,
anyone?
-Dean Dave mustaine vmnt
-Ibanez Rg550 90'
Jvm410c
IFUCKINLOVEMARTYFRIEDMAN
**** it I will do it and if I **** my guitar it will be on your consience
-Dean Dave mustaine vmnt
-Ibanez Rg550 90'
Jvm410c
IFUCKINLOVEMARTYFRIEDMAN
sorry to jump in with out help just a question what exactly is the mod?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")98% of teenagers in America are currently bringing sexy back. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 2% where sexy never left.
Quote by ArkanRg
**** it I will do it and if I **** my guitar it will be on your consience

Chances are there may not have been anyone that has done that has been on the past few days. The forums here have slowed down quite a bit.

Chances are you can and it won't hurt them, but you could always email the manufacturer and ask if they can handle the higher voltage... they tend to be the best place to get information.
I'd say you need to email Seymour Duncan and ask them, just to be safe. All the wiring diagrams for the Dave Mustaine Livewires use 1 9v battery, but the diagrams for the regular Livewires show them running on 2 9v batteries. So I don't know what to tell you other than to ask SD.
I've done It, and Im very pleased with it, my ltd with emg's had more power but lacked a lot of tone, and my dean lacked power but had tone, with this mod the power of an emg and the tone of a sd live wire join, sound beautifull
-Dean Dave mustaine vmnt
-Ibanez Rg550 90'
Jvm410c
IFUCKINLOVEMARTYFRIEDMAN
The mod wont make them hotter, you need Blackouts for that. SD designed their actives to be non-responsive to 18v mods.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
well, they do sound different and blackouts can't be 18v modded
-Dean Dave mustaine vmnt
-Ibanez Rg550 90'
Jvm410c
IFUCKINLOVEMARTYFRIEDMAN
^oh yeah what i meant sorry
-Dean Dave mustaine vmnt
-Ibanez Rg550 90'
Jvm410c
IFUCKINLOVEMARTYFRIEDMAN