I just recently re-recorded "Maybe, Possibly".

I really like how it turned out,
but I would also love to hear all of UG's opinions; good and/or bad.

Just uploaded the song to my profile.
Or for the Soundcloud people, go here:
http://soundcloud.com/harlothero

Let me know what you think. :]

It was also my first time harmonizing by myself.
Just mentioning.

Thank you for taking the time to listen!
Critique for critique as always.
Harlot Hero,
Thanks for the reviews! I like the stereo-guitar-thing happening! Nice guitar sound! Nice guitar playing. Main vocals are mostly good, occasionally slightly pitchy. Very good vocal melodies all around. Nice harmonizing! Nice recording dude!
This sounds great! I really like the layered guitar and harmonizing vocals. Your guitar has a nice tone, and the solo is well done. The vocals do get a little pitchy, but I like the imperfect sound. Well done.
Hi !
That is a great track, reminds me a bit of Roger Waters,and early Bowie.That's is a huge compliment, as those people also has the gift of delivering and sharing emotions through their music and voice.I love the subtle nuances in your voice, very good work !
Great song! You did a really good job with harmonizing your voice. The guitar tone is very nice, very clear. vocals are a little out every once in a while, though. If it was me, I'd keep it though, because it makes it more personal in a way.
I like it It sounds professionally, although if I were you, I'd sing a little bit dynamically in chorus, to make it more powerful I could say, though it's your song and you know better what you want and how it should sound, but like I've said it's great.

I've also listened to Running With Scissors and it's great too but what else I could expect, you're good guitarist and you've got fine skills

Just out of curiosity, how long have you been playing the guitar?
Quote by Michael87
I like it It sounds professionally, although if I were you, I'd sing a little bit dynamically in chorus, to make it more powerful I could say, though it's your song and you know better what you want and how it should sound, but like I've said it's great.

I've also listened to Running With Scissors and it's great too but what else I could expect, you're good guitarist and you've got fine skills

I very like it your comment....
welcome to music and play
Quote by Michael87

Thank you!
"Running With Scissors" is just an acoustic track that i've been wanting to have vocals for it, but my voice wouldn't really fit well. I've been trying to find a female/male vocalist to write & record lyrics for it.

And the feel of "Maybe, Possibly" originally had a more sharper feel than this newer recording, so I wanted to try and make it have a more calm vibe and flow to it. I'll probably end up re-recording it again a while from now when my vocals get better than they are right now.

I've been playing about 9 years now, but only seriously started to create music for the last 4-5 years.
Quote by Harlot Hero
Thank you!
"Running With Scissors" is just an acoustic track that i've been wanting to have vocals for it, but my voice wouldn't really fit well. I've been trying to find a female/male vocalist to write & record lyrics for it.

And the feel of "Maybe, Possibly" originally had a more sharper feel than this newer recording, so I wanted to try and make it have a more calm vibe and flow to it. I'll probably end up re-recording it again a while from now when my vocals get better than they are right now.

I've been playing about 9 years now, but only seriously started to create music for the last 4-5 years.

So good luck with finding vocalist, hope all work out for you.

I've been playing about 9 years too
I would love to know how you got this to sound so much like an analog recording. It has an old folky vibe to the mastering (for me at least). Very calming, you've got a great voice. That guitar has great tone too. Keep at it!
The tone of your guitar is very good, I don't know what mic your using but it sounds quality. You've got a good voice and the singing and harmonizing was great aswell.

My biggest crit is that the guitars were SLIGHTLY out of time in a few places. You wouldn't notice on monitors but through headphones you can tell. Gave me kind of a rolling sensation(from left to right). Other than that, pretty good.

Also what chords did you use, so I can steal this song and play it, lol.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
@`NeXxuS':
I would have some soft drumming, but i'm no drummer and I suck at programming drums.
Go figure. Haha. For "Maybe, Possibly" I actually just wanted to have guitars fro the song though. Nothing else, but for "Running With Scissors", I would like drums. Still no good with programming.

@BrandonBeaux:
I recorded guitars with a Blue Yeti Microphone through Reaper.
And thank you very much! Calm is what I was going for. :]

@Gundamnitpete:
Might sound weird, but I wasn't going for everything to be perfectly in sync.
With this it would give off a more 'personal' and 'warm' sound; which is what I was aiming for, as this song is one of the most personal i've written.

Also, the chords are as follows:
Standard tuning (Capo on 4th fret)
G, D, Em, and Csus2 in that order.

Thank you!
Just a heads up, I can program you up some drums, if you want
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Hi!

by all means its a good acoustic song but I think there's a little something in the voice that could be done in order for it to be better, I think you should Eq the vocals add a little highs just a little bit, and I know this is maybe a DEMO song, but you should consider recording next time with a metronome, there's some parts where the guitar is off time and that kills the mood of the song, Anyway, its still good stuff, hope this helps a little! good luck man, keep rocking!

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1417066
if you like quiet stuff you should listen to "Memories never die" I think you'll like that better, thanks!

Oh... sorry man! I saw you already posted a critique in my post, thanks!
Last edited by Vilbel at Apr 2, 2011,
hey man thanks for the review!

song is solid, not my personal taste (if you couldn't tell from the difference between our two songs playing sounds good, you might wanna shave some of the lower bass frequencies out of your vocals to clean up the sound just a tad.

yeah just that and your voice was a little off here and there, but that's fine. sweet job dude.

follow me on sound cloud! http://soundcloud.com/andyshattuck
--------

Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're alive. Just because you're human doesn't mean you have to die.

the gear:
gibson sg
marshall mg100fx head/4x12 slant cab
im a minimalist.
Cool track, there's a good balance between the voice and guitar but I feel like the texture's a little too thick at times, try giving a bit more midrange to your voice in the mixing progress or play closer to the fretboard when you strum while recording to get a better blend (this is my personal preference).

Watch your intonation on your voice, it's in tune for the most part but it's really flat a couple times and it's really noticeable when you have the harmonies going but they're all good ideas, well balanced, the music really breathes and that's great!

The song could really do with some bass too IMO, it sounds too empty and having a bass in the mix would open up heaps of possibilities of you regarding texture and perhaps even a counter melody to add to the chillness of the song!

Nice work and thanks for the crit on mine
the strumming kind of reminds of a mayer style pattern. Your voice is easy enough on the ears albeit forced here and there. I really like the lead thats played, and the vocal harmonies. The rhythm isn't as spot-on as I would like to hear in a recording, but even my recordings aren't perfect. All in all nice effort

you can listen to happy place on my profile and I"d appreciate some critique in this thread.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1426095
1966 rickenbacker fireglo 335
78' twin reverb (loud awesome tone)

practice makes practice... never perfect
Not much I can say here, except that if you want a lower guitar sound...

Capo 1st

C, G, Am, Fsus2
I actually really enjoyed this, I'd actually probably listen to it in my own time.
Loved the atmosphere, especially the calm/gentle approach of your vocals.
Really liked the vocal harmonies.
I also really liked the guitar lead/mino solo about 3/4 through, was simple but complimented the song very well.
Great work, man.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1428507
Last edited by Coheed777 at Apr 4, 2011,
wow that sounded really cool when the second voice and guitar kicked in! I dont have anything you could improve on, everything sounds great! Harmonies sounded really good also. Thanks for the comment!
Oh hey, I didn't see you there
I get a nice 90s vibe from this here "Maybe, Possibly" track. I can't quite place it; maybe an acoustic version of Bush. I like it a lot. I can't really think of anything to say, except for maybe bring up the vocals a teeny-weeny bit.
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

It's between you, user_nameless, me, and my split personality
I like kittens
SHUT UP NO ONE ASKED YOU!

Proud member of the UG Shred Mafia. P.M. godofshred to join.

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

PAROXYSM.
Gotta be honest here: First chord progression = most cliche thing ever. I mean it was still pretty good with that aside. Nice harmonies!
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████