Hello,

A few months ago, I bought a Fender jaguar. After a few times playing at home, I've noticed that screws for the intonation adjustement in the bridge were loose (a buzz came from it). Then, when spring began, the temperature made the wood change of shape alittle bit, so the truss rod was'nt tuned right anymore. I brought my guitar to a place they could fix it, but they just changed the strings and made the curve in the neck worse... the buzz now can be heard trough my amp ! I tried to adjust the height of my tune-o-matic bridge but it seems to be the truss road's curve that is bad...

What should I do, for the bridge buzz and the fret buzz ?
Is the fret buzz really due to the truss road ?
If its the case, can I do this adjustement myself ?

I would be happy if anyone could help me with that cause no one I talk to at stores seems to know anything about their job XD

Thank you

GodinFreeway666
You're going to have to be more specific on the buzz. Which frets? Higher, lower, open, or better. If you know it's the truss rod, just adjust it.

Fret buzz comes from vibrating strings hitting frets. If it's on the lower frets, it's the truss rod. If it's on the higher frets, it's the action. If it's open, it's the nut.
its on the frets 5,6,7,8... frets to almost the rest of the neck, so I guess I was right about the truss rod : ) thank you I'm gonna look at some tutorial on internet.

Now I just have to fix my bridge buzz : )
Take the guitar to a tech to get set up. I have a feeling the gremlins have been tweeking things on your guitar. /nod

What guys at the music store do not know their job? If you think a sales geek should know everything about a guitar you are sadly mistaken.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
is there a buzzing from your amp all the time?

it could be a grounding problem if this is what you mean

rich
Quote by Bhaok
Take the guitar to a tech to get set up. I have a feeling the gremlins have been tweeking things on your guitar. /nod

What guys at the music store do not know their job? If you think a sales geek should know everything about a guitar you are sadly mistaken.

Not its still a guy who know what he's doing, because his job is repairing guitars, but I think he did'nt repaired it correctly, but I dont know why. Its not a sales geek XD
Quote by richastro
is there a buzzing from your amp all the time?

it could be a grounding problem if this is what you mean

rich

Thanks for your help but no, its not a hum from the amp. It buzzes when unplugged, and it even can be heard in the amp. That's what I meant : )