**** april fools day. Pretty nice body shape though. I'd buy a regular guitar that looked like that.
This actually is NOT an April Fools thing. I saw this a couple days ago on CNN I think.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by Jettski1
I'd buy a regular guitar that looked like that.

Have you heard of this company called BC Rich, by any chance?

EDIT:
This actually is NOT an April Fools thing. I saw this a couple days ago on CNN I think.

Bullshit.

If it was actually a Gibson, they'd name it after an actually successful Guitar, like the Firebird X or that Korina Les Paul with the Flying V headstock.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Last edited by kangaxxter at Apr 1, 2011,
However, our source provided us with documentary evidence that the HTG runs on the Android operating system

Sounds like BS to me. But it looks like the Eigenharp kind of.
damn and i just bought some strings......wow lame joke.

that guitar is ugly as hell and defeats the purpose of guitar. and they already make a synth guitar pad guitar like this. youtube it
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
http://asia.cnet.com/crave/guitar-meets-multitouch-62208057.htm

The guitar concept is actually like a year old. Now, idk about all the BS about it running Android and having DRM protection so u can't play songs lol, but I'm quite sure the guitar is real.

Edit: Yeah, OP's article is clearly a joke, but the actual design and guitar are real. But it won't be made by Gibson or have any Android/DRM crap.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Last edited by GibsonMan321 at Apr 1, 2011,
"insiders tell us that they're worried the company is losing the plot"

This is true, looking at the other recently developed gibson models.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Some people say it's real and some say it isn't - whatever the case I can't imagine anyone wanting to actually play one - I wouldn't buy it.
What the hell is that!? Ugly.

I concur with Gibson not making it, that thing is just pitiful. Plus the Gibson logo would be slathered all over it.
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
If Gibson actually makes it I can say goodbye to ever getting one. It obviously could never take the place of a real guitar, but I think it would still be fun to have.
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by lefthandedkid
What the hell is that!? Ugly.

I concur with Gibson not making it, that thing is just pitiful. Plus the Gibson logo would be slathered all over it.

Agreed. It just defeats the whole point of playing guitar. I never really cared for Gibson in the first place. Now they're just even more pitiful.

Who are they even trying to sell this one to? Air guitarists with no skill looking for something to hold?
Quote by mtshark
If Gibson actually makes it I can say goodbye to ever getting on..
Because if Gibson didn't make it you would be able to get it? Good luck buying non-existent guitars.
I wish the April Fool's stuff wasn't written by 14 year old kids of the employees of these companies. They always sound like they're fake and no reporter/journalist/press release would read like one.
Yes it's a joke - the link to the FBI goes to goes to a picture of special agents Mulder and Skully, and the link for "Smells Like Teen Spirit" goes to Rick Astley.