Plain and simple,

What type of food should I use to build an amp head enclosure?

Would 3/4" hardwood ply be ok?

Or will I need something thicker???
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Quote by MickAlmighty

Normally I like to use pizza, but sometimes I go for a nice macaroni head every once in a while...

3/4" Plywood is what's normally used.
Anything thicker is overkill.
You could use 1/2" plywood with supports on the inside, but it's not very asthetically pleasing, it looks to thin from the from perspective.
..I was watching my death.
I used 3/4 inch Baltic Birch plywood to build My 2x12 cabinet build
This size should be fine for a head enclosure.
Baltic Birch plywood costs more than the usual plywood, but not to bad, $40USD for a 5x5 piece.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Apr 1, 2011,
Haha, blame the iPhone spell correction thing.

An amp head coated in pasta, for all the vegan metallers haha.

So 3/4" ply will be fine then?
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

I think so...
Oak Plywood is just as good. It's cheaper where I live(Last time I checked anyways.).
Or if you really want to cheap out and have a heavy head, MDF works. Just works, nothing better. If you are using MDF, be very diligent on pre-drilling everything.
Quote by timbit2006

Quote by MickAlmighty

Normally I like to use pizza, but sometimes I go for a nice macaroni head every once in a while...

I think that should go in my sig.

In other news, 3/4" hardwood ply is an excellant material for a head.
Hardwood ply it is then.

Hardwood Ply 3/4",
Wood glue,
Screws,
Tolex,
Spray Adhesive,
Pack of macaroni.

Shopping list for head build
Quote by Spaztikko

I think so...
Good luck with it and bring back some pics when you're done.
Last edited by matt154 at Apr 1, 2011,
I shall. May take a couple of weeks to get everything together.

But I'l try and remember to log the process
Quote by Spaztikko

I think so...
Quote by LeviMan_2001
I think that should go in my sig.

Hurrah!
My first sigging!

MickAlmighty,
You could use 1/2" plywood on the front if you have some lying around.

This is just me, but If the Chassis was heavy(Mainly from huge transformers.), I'd put two 1/2" beams in the back touching the sides and an additional two lying on the bottom touching the sides.
Shock-mounting the chassis isn't a bad idea either. It stops most of the vibrations going to the chassis. Essentially just 6 rubber feet shaped things that feel sorta like silicon. My Ampeg has this, but it could be there because it's a 4x10" combo so it's directly touching the speaker cab.
Just a few ideas you can use.
All ideas welcome.

I was thinking of putting braces and whatnot for abit more support
Quote by Spaztikko

I think so...