hi guys i have a question... what is the scale that trivium use the most beceause they are my favorit band .... i know u ll say wtf is this question >< but realy i'm curious thx
The same scales as everyone else, just used in a way that makes them sound like them.

I've said this probably at least once a week on this forum for a long time now:

Scales do not make a band sound the way they do. Phrasing does that, if you want to sound like Trivium then ignore the scales they choose but look at how they use those scales.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
The same scales as everyone else, just used in a way that makes them sound like them.

I've said this probably at least once a week on this forum for a long time now:

Scales do not make a band sound the way they do. Phrasing does that, if you want to sound like Trivium then ignore the scales they choose but look at how they use those scales.

any other advice that could (realy) help :/ ?
OP, Victor Wooten in his “Groove Workshop”… splits music into 10 basic and equal elements. They are in no particular order, and none are more or less important than the others.

1) Notes
2) Articulation
3) Technique
4) Emotion
5) Dynamics
6) Rhythm
7) Tone
8) Phrasing
9) Space (rests)
10) Listening

In western style music there are only 12 notes. All of us use the exact same notes… the only thing that changes is #’s 2-10.

If the actual notes are only 10% of what makes them sound the way they do. Why does it make any sense to spend 99% of your time studying only the notes they play!?!?
Quote by MetlHed94

Well played, sir, well played.
Quote by mado-elodie
any other advice that could (realy) help :/ ?

How's about this then: they mostly use the minor and harmonic minor.

These scales are also used by: Paul Gilbert, Korn, Nile, Opeth, Dizzie Gillespie, Charlie Parker, Steve Vai, Ihsahn, Immortal, Katy Perry, Imogen Heap, Infected Mushroom, Pendulum, Eminem, Dr Dre, 50 Cent, Chopin, Mozart, Beethoven and EVERY OTHER MUSICIAN ON EARTH who has ever written a song in a minor key.

So now that you know that they use the same scales as literally everyone else in every other genre of music, what are you going to do?

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Apr 1, 2011,
While it's not the original question, sometimes it can be difficult for beginners to work out the keys and scales a song is in - If you wanna jam to a song, and you're just starting out, sometimes you might need to ask what scales, etc, and that's okay - Generally, Trivium use E harmonic minor. If you learn that scale, then try playing it over some of their songs, you should find it fits. After you get the hang of that, start working on, as stated, your phrasing, to try to sound more like how you want to
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Quote by HeretiK538
While it's not the original question, sometimes it can be difficult for beginners to work out the keys and scales a song is in - If you wanna jam to a song, and you're just starting out, sometimes you might need to ask what scales, etc, and that's okay - Generally, Trivium use E harmonic minor. If you learn that scale, then try playing it over some of their songs, you should find it fits. After you get the hang of that, start working on, as stated, your phrasing, to try to sound more like how you want to

Apart from on Ascendency when most of the songs were in D because that's what they were tuned to and a bunch of songs on The Crusade and Shogun that were in B on a 7 string.

And of course all the songs that were just in different keys to what they were tuned to.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Okay, you got me I can only think of the notes in 2 Trivium songs, and they resolved to E minor. Sorry if I've confused you - Refer to Zaphod, he knows what he means more than I do
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.