That sounds like a stupid question I'm sure, but I've been wondering about it for a while now.

The first time I saw a guitarist play with both hands in leather Gloves was on a Live performance of Maggot Brain by Funkadelic. And I was like "How the hell can he play with gloves seriously ?".

Now I just saw the clip of Rope by the Foo fighters, and as if having 3 guitarists in a band wasn't enough, one of them plays with gloves too !

How is that even possible ? What's the point ?

I are so confused.
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
I swear I've seen this posted before.

Because they are light, good fitting gloves and it looks cool.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
^ well not posted by me that's for sure.

edit: was meant for silent murder's post.
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
Last edited by Doogy-Style at Apr 1, 2011,
like those hand bone gloves.. i've seen people wear those while playing and i've even tried it.. gloves that are thin and fit right on your hands will not affect your proformance as much as people think..
Ima Dude Dressed Like Another Dude Playing As Another Dude
Quote by jkielq91
I have a friend who when he got his first 'quality' guitar he would only play it with gloves on so fits sweat wouldnt ruin the finish, and he cleaned it every day.

It was an Epiphone SG

i hate SG's he can ruin the finish all he wants... lol
Ima Dude Dressed Like Another Dude Playing As Another Dude
Quote by jkielq91
I have a friend who when he got his first 'quality' guitar he would only play it with gloves on so fits sweat wouldnt ruin the finish, and he cleaned it every day.

It was an Epiphone SG

is it even possible to play more technical stuff with gloves on? Unless you have ultra-feminine gloves on, it'd hinder me a lot.
: )