Paul Gilbert
15 16%
Steve Vai
5 5%
Slash
11 12%
Voters: 93.
Page 1 of 2
First of all.............the poll only allow 10 options...........so if any of u guys favor other than listed..................just reply the thread....

btw..............i vote for SRV.........he's like the 2.0 version of hendrix ......
I find the lack of either David Gilmour or John Petrucci insulting.

Santiago Dobles.

EDIT : Gary Moore beat like 30 better guitarists to being in that poll!? BS.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Last edited by Dream Floyd at Apr 1, 2011,
Chris Hannah. Yeah.. i said it.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Rory Gallagher, or Mick Thompson for technique and rhythm.
Last edited by conor-figgy at Apr 1, 2011,
Synyster Gates

Edit: really though, I would say Hendrix
Last edited by WCPhils at Apr 1, 2011,
George Lynch or Harry K Cody from shotgun messiah, most underated guitarist ever, or Chris Holmes
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by dopelope
Dont want to start a flame war here but sorry, Mick plays like a pig.

Meh, my opinion
Quote by conor-figgy

thomson, not thompson.
Nice to see a mention for Santiago Dobles, but if you doubt Gary Moore, you're a noob.

As far as pure expression, I have to go with Jeff Beck. The man has the touch, he's not one to rest on his laurels, and to this day he's still trying to get new sounds with just his fingers.

If this isn't an April fools thing, that list is bad. I love and respect the majority of the guitarists named, but god damn. Expand your horizons.
Last edited by Iommianity at Apr 1, 2011,
Alexi Laiho is an awesome guitarist too, you should have put it... Even though I would still have voted Randy.
no offense intended, but if one would like SRV because he's like the 2nd Hendrix, then why not like the first one? Hendrix himself. :P
Quote by MarThor
Alexi Laiho is an awesome guitarist too, you should have put it... Even though I would still have voted Randy.

actually i want to put like at least 50 names...............but i can't.............maybe u can suggest to mods to maximize their poll options........
Guthrie Govan, but out of these, Paul Gilbert.

You didn't include jeff beck? : /
Quote by jm911
no offense intended, but if one would like SRV because he's like the 2nd Hendrix, then why not like the first one? Hendrix himself. :P

i'm a big fan of hendrix too but SRV is not the 2nd hendrix..................it's more like the full version......

HENDRIX = window XP...............SRV = window 7.............u know what i'm tryin to say......
Quote by blunter
i'm a big fan of hendrix too but SRV is not the 2nd hendrix..................it's more like the full version......

HENDRIX = window XP...............SRV = window 7.............u know what i'm tryin to say......

They're completely different.
Quote by conor-figgy

I hope to never see these 2 coupled together ever again.

Rory Gallagher.
This is difficult, I mean you have BB, but no Freddie or Albert, you have Stevie but no Jimmy. No Buddy Guy, without whom Hendrix wouldn't have been Hendrix. No Robert Cray.
Then there's Clapton and Hendrix who are, and always will be, up there. There's no Wes Montgomery on there. I think it would be good to have a modern blues player on there too like Philip Sayce or John Mayer.

In short this is a silly list, I did, however, pick SRV because I'm just listening to him all the time atm.
Of the guitarists on the list it was a close call between Hendrix and BB, but I ended up picking Hendrix.

But the list is way too short in my opinion.
Where the f*** is Jimmy Page WHERE THE F*** IS JIMMY PAGE!!!! Thread fail!

And no Frank Zappa?
No Mark Knopfler?

Slash and Clapton really!?!? dude really!?!? you left off Page to put on Slash? really!?!?

Guess it could be worse you could have put Eddie Van halen on it.....
Last edited by reggaebassman at Apr 3, 2011,
Quote by blunter

So that would make Jimmy page Linux lol
no Brent Hinds or Adam Jones?!?!
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by reggaebassman

And no Frank Zappa?
No Mark Knopfler?

Slash and Clapton really!?!? dude really!?!? you left off Page to put on Slash? really!?!?

wats up with slash.................he's cool man.............his solo r pretty decent too.....................that would make him = OSX...........
from the guitarists on this list i chose stevie ray vaughan but my personal favourite is rory gallagher.
I could be a Muse fan boy and point out the abscence of Matt Bellamy.. I understand he has his haters but amidst the shit that the music industry comes out with today, surely Matt Bellamy is a breath of fresh air in guitar terms?

Anyway, theres no one in that poll I would vote for, I'd be stuck between John McGeogh, George Harrison, Prince or Kurt Cobain!
Quote by Bag'ed
I could be a Muse fan boy and point out the abscence of Matt Bellamy.. I understand he has his haters but amidst the shit that the music industry comes out with today, surely Matt Bellamy is a breath of fresh air in guitar terms?

Anyway, theres no one in that poll I would vote for, I'd be stuck between John McGeogh, George Harrison, Prince or Kurt Cobain!

In this poll I voted for SRV but I agree that Matt Bellamy is definitely a great modern guitarist. He isn't an amazing technical magician that this generation of metal crazed fools worship, he makes songs and riffs that sound good regardless of how hard they are to play and that's what rock is all about!!
Quote by reggaebassman

And no Frank Zappa?
No Mark Knopfler?

+++++++
Page 1 of 2