But does it ever end? I'm buying a Marshall 4x12 1960A this weekend @ $325. The guy has 2, wondering if I should grab bot hfor $600 and flip one. Buying a Jet City 50H for $375.

Bought a Boss TU-2 ($50), SD-1 (not a fan really) ($35), and NS-2 ($50) last month. Ordered and incoming Jet City Distortion pedal to try it out @ $35. Also looking into getting a Digitech Bad Monkey @ $35 to see if its better than the SD-1.

I don't even have the Jet City yet and am looking at the old Peavey Ultra/XXX for about $400 for a metal-specific amp. Does it EVER end? Any pedals/accesories I should be looking to add at this point guys? Or will I just keep constantly wanting to update my gear until I find a band that actually gigs?
Last edited by OceansBetweenUs at Apr 1, 2011,
you've got G.A.S. my friend it's perfectly normal just nor curable loL!
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)
Quote by AcousticMirror
buy a slo?

Clearly if you haven't noticed I'd rather have a bunch of decent used stuff than one $2000 pro quality amp. Get on the same page, dude.
" SD-1 (not a fan really) ($35)"
Have Analog.Man upgrade that unit and you may love it. I would never give mine up after the mod.
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
Clearly if you haven't noticed I'd rather have a bunch of decent used stuff than one $2000 pro quality amp. Get on the same page, dude.

you asked when does it end...

is there a question for your op?

what's the deal.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
you asked when does it end...

is there a question for your op?

what's the deal.

I'm not hatin', I meant that jokingly. Even if I bought a $2k head, I'd just be broke and want more gear I think. I sort of answered me own question as to when it ends, which is when I find a band in my area that actually plays shows - since my band is 1.5 hrs. away and doesn't/isn't complete.
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
I'm not hatin', I meant that jokingly. Even if I bought a $2k head, I'd just be broke and want more gear I think. I sort of answered me own question as to when it ends, which is when I find a band in my area that actually plays shows - since my band is 1.5 hrs. away and doesn't/isn't complete.

At least youd have a killer setup and be broke!
Right now your buying all cheap crap and youll end up broke with a bunch of subpar gear.

This is your dream setup?, you need to dream better lol, try some acid or something
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Last edited by slipknot_420 at Apr 1, 2011,
Quote by slipknot_420
At least youd have a killer setup and be broke!
Right now your buying all cheap crap and youll end up broke with a bunch of subpar gear.

This is your dream setup?, you need to dream better lol, try some acid or something

Best. Advice. Ever.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
^ at both of you.

It'll change your life.

OT - Saving up doesn't hurt, I know I extended myself way beyond what my playing ability warranted, but I've grown into my gear and I have no regrets. Furthermore, I'm satisfied with my pedals and I don't feel the need to get something new all the time....

...but I would like to get a really sweet amp...

...maybe it really doesn't ever end...

EDIT: This thread is now about doing acid.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Last edited by Jazz Funeral at Apr 1, 2011,
Nope it never ends. after 30+ years of playing i still haven't found the perfect (and suprisingly affordable) set up. it always kills me that people assume that the "ultimate" gear for them has to be some god awefully expensive stuff. if you look back at interviews with tons of "guitar hero" types over the years you often hear "oh that tone, yeah geez all i did was plug a (off the rack regular guitar) into a (regular amp that was laying around the studio) and use a tubescreamer ( or other easily accessable fx). buying good gear is always the best plan but what is "best" for you might not be super exciting or cool but so what. i just bought a Valveking. not because it was all i could afford but because it actually gave me the sound i wanted. ok a speaker change will make it better but that is a faily cheap thing to do. the other thing is you never really know where you will be playing wise say 5 years down the road. what seemed like a great idea now may be unsuitable for where you'll end up. so no it never ends.

try a Digitech Hardwire tube overdrive. i retired my SD-1 and my tubescreamer after getting that pedal.