8 16%
The company
23 46%
Both
10 20%
No one. There is no case.
9 18%
Voters: 50.
Recently my mom was involved in a minor car accident. It was a rear end collision where a Comcast (cable/isp prover) driver (in the comcast car) hit her from behind because he wasn't paying attention. Although it was minor, my mom has a bad back and had to be taken to the hospital in an ambulance and has been going to a doctor ever since getting MRI's and x-rays.

Before the accident she was and is still going to have surgery next week for a problem related to her back.

Someone working for the ambulance company told my parents that they can sue Comcast. They can get a lawyer who will only get paid if they win the case.

Now I understand one might sue to pay for the medical bills, but shouldn't they be suing the driver? Or can they sue the company?

Edit: in my opinion they shouldn't sue the guy. The company maybe.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Apr 1, 2011,
Comcast is partly liable for their driver's actions. Talk to an attorney and they'll tell you exactly what to do to be rolling in dough.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
The driver probably gets insured through Comcast. That insurance would be the one paying your mom. Get a lawyer.

Edit: I would think it would be a settlement, as well, not a lawsuit.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Last edited by metal4all at Apr 1, 2011,
water from a stone situation. sue the guy, cant pay up, goes to jail, u don't get anything. sue the company, get rich!

but yeah the insurance will pay for everything. no need to sue really
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
Quote by ajreciever14
water from a stone situation. sue the guy, cant pay up, goes to jail, u don't get anything. sue the company, get rich!

but yeah the insurance will pay for everything. no need to sue really

But I don't like Comcast. And I want a new tv
The driver's not going to go to jail if he can't pay. Sue everyone. Why not? Unless you like the driver or feel bad for him for some reason even though he's the one who wasn't paying attention and injured her.
This only increases my lack of faith in the medical service and humanity. One of the first things a paramedic states is that you can sue?
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
The company hires the guy, so he is the company's responsibility. Sue the company, they have more money.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

It is a existing condition so I don't see you having a case in court on that. They should pay for the damage and that's probably it.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
Quote by !-twisty-!
This only increases my lack of faith in the medical service and humanity. One of the first things a paramedic states is that you can sue?

It was a private ambulance company. My dad worked for them once. And it wasn't a paramedic who said that.
I thought the same when I injured my back in a car crash last summer.

The thing is, the insurance company will cover it, it won't come from his pocket. Aswell, since he was on company duty, the company's insurance might have to pay for it.

Although yeah, if it was pre-existing then they'll get out of it through that.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Last edited by KirkMetallica at Apr 1, 2011,
He can be sued for negligence and even though your mother's condition was pre-existing, lawsuits can be filed in most states for aggravating a pre-existing condition. I would talk to a lawyer to see what the law is in your state.
Sue the shit out of Comcast! They deserve every penny squeezed out of them!

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
The first thing anyone involved would do is investigate the severity of the accident to judge whether or not an injury claim could even be justified. If it truly was minor, and she's just using it as an oppurtunity to try to collect, that would be fraud.

But I wouldn't dare judge your mother. I bet she's an honest lady.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Sue the shit out of Comcast! They deserve every penny squeezed out of them!

Charging $60 for a 6mb internet connection

I'm NOT asking for legal advice guys. I'm not the one suing. I'm just trying to understand what they're doing.
Quote by metaldud536
It was a private ambulance company. My dad worked for them once. And it wasn't a paramedic who said that.

Still, it was an employee, quickly read over originally.

But you see my point, why sue? Claim on insurance any damage to the car and then any extra medical costs, theres no reason to make the other driver lose more money, his insurance will already rocket and he'll get in shit off his boss's.
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
she can definitely get some compensation, thats what insurance is for

and i think she can sue the company, they decided the driver was good enough to drive their van.
now extra flamey
Quote by metaldud536

Charging $60 for a 6mb internet connection

Wow, and discriminatory pricing too huh ($60 = 15mpbs here). And they make their service areas exclusive so I can't choose something better. Assholes.

SUE THEM FOR ALL THEIR WORTH!!!

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by !-twisty-!
Still, it was an employee, quickly read over originally.

But you see my point, why sue? Claim on insurance any damage to the car and then any extra medical costs, theres no reason to make the other driver lose more money, his insurance will already rocket and he'll get in shit off his boss's.

I truly think they will only consider the company not the driver.

Quote by GC Shred Off
The first thing anyone involved would do is investigate the severity of the accident to judge whether or not an injury claim could even be justified. If it truly was minor, and she's just using it as an oppurtunity to try to collect, that would be fraud.

But I wouldn't dare judge your mother. I bet she's an honest lady.

She is honest. But like I said she had a pre-existing condition and depending on the results of the medical tests, it could have been made worse. Now she has to wear one of those belts until the surgery.
I think the typical legal procedure involves suing everyone you possibly can and knowing that at least someone will pay.
In England if you hit the back of someone it is ALWAYS your fault. The person in front can't drive for you.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by metaldud536
Recently my mom was involved in a minor car accident. It was a rear end collision where a Comcast (cable/isp prover) driver (in the comcast car) hit her from behind because he wasn't paying attention. Although it was minor, my mom has a bad back and had to be taken to the hospital in an ambulance and has been going to a doctor ever since getting MRI's and x-rays.

Before the accident she was and is still going to have surgery next week for a problem related to her back.

Someone working for the ambulance company told my parents that they can sue Comcast. They can get a lawyer who will only get paid if they win the case.

Now I understand one might sue to pay for the medical bills, but shouldn't they be suing the driver? Or can they sue the company?

Edit: in my opinion they shouldn't sue the guy. The company maybe.

That's exactly what the defending attorney would point out, and your case would be dissolved to finding some way to prove how the accident actually affected her, if at all.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I think she should sue the company but I'll have to ask my lawyer about how a case like this works

That is not an April fools joke I actually have a lawyer
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Well, you'd sue the company as they're vicariously liable for any breaches by their employees.

With the back thing, is the pain worse?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
sue the smegma off comcast
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
I think she should sue the company but I'll have to ask my lawyer about how a case like this works

That is not an April fools joke I actually have a lawyer

So do I; I carry him around in my brain.

Company truck, company driver, doing company work, you sue the company. You can sue the driver, too, but he'll probably be insured through the company and it's the company's insurance company that will be paying you, if anything.

You can find lawyers who work on contingency fees all over the place -- the way it works is that you cover clerical costs and they get 1/3 of your winnings if you get a settlement or favorable decision. You can find them on TV, in the phone book, etc. Pre-existing condition is going to be a problem, of course, but that's something for the lawyer to take care of.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Apr 1, 2011,
My brother got in a pretty bad crash when a california water truck pulled out in front of him when he was driving on the highway, since it's california the settlement should be around a mil or so.

But yeah, since it wasnt just a person she could probably get the cash that company has set aside for settlements
You don't sue anyone.

Just claim insurance like a normal human being.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!