Hey Pit, I was hoping someone here could help.

I'm at home for 4 weeks [now three], and have absolutely nothing to do [apart from revision, but there's 24 hours in a day]. I won't be able to chill with peeps for at least 2 weeks, and so need something to occupy my time.
The thing is, I really struggle to stick with any activity, and get bored really fast. I try playing games but after 15 - 30 minutes I turn them off with no desire to play again [my PS3 has been underused even though I have many games uncompleted, luckily though I'm replaying MGS4 again and that has me hooked], and I'm not in the mood [yet] to play guitar or compose music.

So, I really want something that primarily engages me, and perhaps is productive and, maybe, creative. Watching TV/movies feels like a waste of my time, as it playing certain games.
I just struggle to fill the hours of each day - I spent most time just waiting around here or on facebook, and it's really unproductive as I just want to do something.

I turn to you guys to help recommend me cool things that I haven't thought of yet.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Read. Check out best books ever lists and just go through them from the top.
do some cooking (see the cooking thread for tasty stuff)
now extra flamey
Have you tried getting some exercising done? Not only can it give you energy for other things, it can also make you feel better about playing video games/watching TV if you should want to (even if you don't want to now).

Also, cooking and baking. The funz. Make yer own recipes and whatnot.
All the book suggestions are great, but I left my books at university by accident .

Have you tried getting some exercising done? Not only can it give you energy for other things, it can also make you feel better about playing video games/watching TV if you should want to (even if you don't want to now).

Also, cooking and baking. The funz. Make yer own recipes and whatnot.

I go to the gym at uni, but here I can't do anything - I can't even run because all I have are jeans.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
All the book suggestions are great, but I left my books at university by accident .

I go to the gym at uni, but here I can't do anything - I can't even run because all I have are jeans.

This guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Sigler releases his novels as PDF files, and from what I hear, they're awesome. I'm sure you can find them online.
Quote by mental_zer0
Minecraft

This
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Spend hours searching for other peoples advice on what to do on the UG forum?
Quote by jetfuel495
This guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Sigler releases his novels as PDF files, and from what I hear, they're awesome. I'm sure you can find them online.

Huh, interesting. Thanks!

Quote by cdayrocks
Spend hours searching for other peoples advice on what to do on the UG forum?

Always.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by a_7_x
Push me
And then just touch me
Till I can get my
Satisfaction

this guy defo knows what he's talking about
*Insert hilarious quote here.*
How about you take up 3D modelling?

it's fun, you have endless possibilities, it's a great way to pass time and a good skill to have, no matter what area you work in. Knowing your way around 3D programs will always give you presentation advantages over the guys who stick to powerpoint and the likes, and when pitching ideas to customers or clients, nothing screams "I AM AWESOME" like a 3D clip.

If you decide to pick it up, I'd like to refer you to this thread, where you will be greeted with cheers and/or the typical monosyllabic grunts of most 3D artists:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1316116
wow, fapping came up in record time.

did you really expect any other answer from the pit? :P:

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

GIRP!

(or...anything anyone else has said, books are good idea lol)
I have a signature!

Quote by HunterTN
I personally try to avoid anything with strings or pickups. I take all the strings off of mine and just beat them with a hammer. Guitar is a percussion instrument you know.

Learn to juggle.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by CoreysMonster
How about you take up 3D modelling?

it's fun, you have endless possibilities, it's a great way to pass time and a good skill to have, no matter what area you work in. Knowing your way around 3D programs will always give you presentation advantages over the guys who stick to powerpoint and the likes, and when pitching ideas to customers or clients, nothing screams "I AM AWESOME" like a 3D clip.

If you decide to pick it up, I'd like to refer you to this thread, where you will be greeted with cheers and/or the typical monosyllabic grunts of most 3D artists:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1316116

Y'know, I was looking at that a few months back. What's the learning curve like?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
Y'know, I was looking at that a few months back. What's the learning curve like?

about the same as music. you can get satisfying results after just a couple of weeks, but it takes years and years of practice to perfect.

It's just another form of art, using the computer as a tool
Quote by CoreysMonster
about the same as music. you can get satisfying results after just a couple of weeks, but it takes years and years of practice to perfect.

It's just another form of art, using the computer as a tool

Hmm, I will definitely give this a try at least. Might be what I'm looking for. Thanks.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Compose the next Bohemian Rhapsody.
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
Quote by Beautiful
Compose the next Bohemian Rhapsody.

On my to-do list
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO