So we decided to do a cover of the kids aren't alright by offspring, we play in drop b (low i know, inb4 "gtfo deathcore fags"). I don't have a problem changing the riffs, chords and stuff so that it sounds good in drop b, but let's say i play this
---------------------------
6666--------------------

i want the other guitar to play power chords, now usualy i would just go
--------------------------------
6666-------------------------

but i want something different, i want the other guitar to play power chords, but a bit lower, but so, that it still sounds good, but anything i try, it doesn't sound good... so, i need help
Last edited by ShAd0w666 at Apr 1, 2011,
Quote by ShAd0w666
So we decided to do a cover of the kids aren't alright by offspring, we play in drop b (low i know, inb4 "gtfo deathcore fags"). I don't have a problem changing the riffs, chords and stuff so that it sounds good in drop b, but let's say i play this
6666--------------------

i want the other guitar to play power chords, now usualy i would just go
6666-------------------------

but i want something different, i want the other guitar to play power chords, but a bit lower, but so, that it still sounds good, but anything i try, it doesn't sound good... so, i need help

but why the hell are you playing Offspring covers if you're "deathcore" or whatever?
Quote by ShAd0w666
because we feel like playing an offspring song?

alright then man, good luck being taken seriously
Quote by SilverSpurs616
alright then man, good luck being taken seriously

Quiet you.

TS, you want the other guitar to play lower (in pitch) power chords than what it's doing now?

Have you tried raising the lead guitar part up in pitch so that it stands out more from the rhythm guitar? More like a lead guitar part?