First post, Whats up!
Been playing coming up on 2 years intermediate player, need some help on finding different tones and understand different effects.
I have a pod studio UX2, which I love and has done me well, but I feel like I have only explored half of what its capable of producing.
I would like some help with finding a real nice Darkest hour/Parkway Drive type of tone.
I know how to get the basics of these tones, I've done my research before I posted this so I just need help with messing with the reverb/delay/compressor etc for really solidifying my tone.
Any help or tips would definitely help thanks!
for your equalizer boost your mids, another thing is googling an All That Remains/Children Of Bodom/BFMV POD settings file that should get you pretty close then you can just mess around. One last thing is look up Darrell Dimebag's tone he has an amazing tone mix that with some of the other tonnes and there ya go!
you're a stone fox
EDIT: Dimebag has, objectively, the WORST tone I've ever heard. It's fizzy, has no definition, and sounds nothing like the bands TS listed.

Here's what I use for metalcore tones in POD Farm:

Noise Gate: Threshold -53dB, Decay 15%
Screamer: Drive 50%, Gain 35%, Tone 25%
Mississippi Criminal: Drive 6.5, Bass 7, Mid 6, Treble 7, Pres 6.5, Vol 7.5
British 4x12 w/ V30s: Room 30%, 57 On Axis
Compressor: Threshold -18bd, Gain 3dB
Four Band EQ: 200 Hz 5.0dB, 800 Hz -7.0dB, 1.5kHz 1.9dB, 2.8kHz 5.4dB
Snap Plate Reverb: All settings at 50%

For leads, I add on the digital delay, 65ms, low feedback, mix just below 50%

Note: The Mississippi Criminal Model is in the Metal Shop FX pack. It's nearly impossible to get a passable metalcore tone without it (or the Cali Diamond; the standard Mesa models really suck, imo).

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Last edited by Das_Skittles at Apr 1, 2011,
Quote by Das_Skittles
EDIT: Dimebag has, objectively, the WORST tone I've ever heard. It's fizzy, has no definition, and sounds nothing like the bands TS listed.

Here's what I use for metalcore tones in POD Farm:

Noise Gate: Threshold -53dB, Decay 15%
Screamer: Drive 50%, Gain 35%, Tone 25%
Mississippi Criminal: Drive 6.5, Bass 7, Mid 6, Treble 7, Pres 6.5, Vol 7.5
British 4x12 w/ V30s: Room 30%, 57 On Axis
Compressor: Threshold -18bd, Gain 3dB
Four Band EQ: 200 Hz 5.0dB, 800 Hz -7.0dB, 1.5kHz 1.9dB, 2.8kHz 5.4dB
Snap Plate Reverb: All settings at 50%

For leads, I add on the digital delay, 65ms, low feedback, mix just below 50%

Note: The Mississippi Criminal Model is in the Metal Shop FX pack. It's nearly impossible to get a passable metalcore tone without it (or the Cali Diamond; the standard Mesa models really suck, imo).

53 threshold?

I try to avoid anything above 20 on my RP X.X

As for the mids at 800 hz, thats some pretty massive scooping. Will it cut properly in a band environment?
Quote by Stayfresh510
Thanks @Das_Skittles Killer tone!
p.s. Dont hate on Dimebag :P

Not hating but his tone was pretty damn bad; horribly synthetic, way too trebly and way too much gain.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.