i search barred and the newest one is from 09 or early 10 so i figured i might as well start a new one, basically i found a crafted in japan fender jaguar bass on craigslist for 450$ and i know that is a good deal, its a good bass, and i have been wanting to start learning bass for a while (iv played guitar for around 5 years) but when i asked my mom if we could go check it out she starts saying why would you need a new guitar. so after around 20 minutes of me trying to explain the difference between a guitar and a bass she has somewhat of an idea for that but still thinks i should stick with one instrument and not waste my money, especially since iv been complaining about needing a new amp, which i am planning on selling my old one and getting a job quite soon to pay for that. oh i didnt mention i can pay for the bass fully with my own money so im not mooching here, what do you guys think i can do to help convince her to let me get it.

tl;dr i found a good deal on bass, mom wont let me get it, what do?
say its not a bass but a new four stringed guitar so she thinks your only playing one type of instrument
Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
Don't waste your money?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
You could try getting a job and bypass that pesky need to ask her to buy shit for you.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
If you want to learn bass, why pay out that much for something you might not really get into?
If you can pay for it yourself, why do you need her?
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Buy a couple ounces of silver instead.

Sell after economic collapse, profit.

On topic, the obvious solution is to be 18, so get on that.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
when you're done convincing your parens you can convince my paras
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
to answer a few questions, i have the money myself im not asking for money, i need her because as i forgot to mention i am 16 and live with her, and i know that the bass goes for more than that so unless the things completely screwed up i could sell it on ebay or something and make my money back plus unless for some reason my hands dont comprehend how to pay bass i know ill stick with it
What will happen if you buy it and your mom says you can't? It's your money, she can't tell you how to spend it.
Tell her it's your money. If you screw yourself over and waste your money, then you learned a lesson.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
Quote by rgrockr
What will happen if you buy it and your mom says you can't? It's your money, she can't tell you how to spend it.

i dont have access to my bank account so i couldnt and i would have no way to gte over there as i dont have a car other than borrowing hers which would require me to ask for her keys and answer where it is im going
Is it actually your money, or a collection of money that your family has given you for birthdays/random events?

I.E. You saved $450 from work and jobs entirely outside of gifts and family?
-Jim Morrison
a mix really, my parents give me and my brother allowance or whatever for doing chores because they saw it teaches us to budget our money, but either way its money i have saved up and its for us to buy things, like this so she is really defeating her own purpose for giving it to us because i have saved it up instead of buying stupid things like video games, drugs, candy whatever and i have found something i want thats worth it, i have done research on it and know its something that will get daily use will be taken care of
Quote by jesus=dinosaur
i dont have access to my bank account so i couldnt and i would have no way to gte over there as i dont have a car other than borrowing hers which would require me to ask for her keys and answer where it is im going

How the hell do you not have access to your own bank account!? And could you have a friend drive you?
Quote by rgrockr
How the hell do you not have access to your own bank account!? And could you have a friend drive you?

idk honestly but im 16 so my mom really controls it anyway, and to everyone saying get a job i am looking for jobs and applying to places, but i dont see how that helps me since this is happening now and i have the money, oh and since i cant get into my bank account having a friend drive wouldnt really get me that much farther
Last edited by jesus=dinosaur at Apr 1, 2011,
You should just buy drugs like a normal person.
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
Quote by jesus=dinosaur
idk honestly, and to everyone saying get a job i am looking for jobs and applying to places, but i dont see how that helps me since this is happening now and i have the money

Your parents will be more inclined to allow you to purchase your own stuff with your own money after you actually get the money from another source. It's a matter of responsibility that your parents expect. I had the same situation with my own parents, now I'm 21 and in college, and I kind of appreciate it. The saved money I had helped me out.

Hell, I wish I had 450 dollars, and I work Probably not gonna happen consistently with gas at 4.00 a gallon.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Your parents will be more inclined to allow you to purchase your own stuff with your own money after you actually get the money from another source. It's a matter of responsibility that your parents expect. I had the same situation with my own parents, now I'm 21 and in college, and I kind of appreciate it. The saved money I had helped me out.

Hell, I wish I had 450 dollars, and I work Probably not gonna happen consistently with gas at 4.00 a gallon.

i see what you mean but they had no problems 3 years ago when i bought my guitar the same way as this but from GC, im going to try again at dinner with my dad there because he understands it a bit more plus he thinks its so cool that i play guitar and play shows so im feeling like i have a better chance with him, if that doesnt work, back to saving for an amp
take her to the store or something and play some stuff for her, so that she will get convinced because she will see that it is cool
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
I like how she wants you to learn how to budget your money but won't give you access to it.

Keep saving for that amp. It's probably going to cost quite a bit more than the money you have saved (otherwise you'd have bought it already).
Ibanez RGD2127Z w/ BKP Aftermaths
Seagull Entourage Rustic
Peavey 6505 212
Dunlop ZW-45 Crybaby
Quote by jesus=dinosaur
explaining to my friends what GAS is is bad enough i dont even want to go there with my parents

All they need to know is if you don't get more gear you'll die.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Quote by TomusAM
Fix'd.

How could I have been so blind?
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
When I was 16 I used up 60% of my money on pot, 20% on games and gnomes stole the other 20%.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS