If you were to hook up a guitar to a reverse reverb/delay pedal and then another reverse delay/reverb pedal after that would the first reversed sound be reversed again or well what would happen to that sound? If you're confused there's a diagram.

Original Signal( Guitar)---Reverse Reverb/Delay-----Reverse Reverb/Delay----Amp
Quote by ethan_hanus
Um, no, it'll just sound like a cluttered mess.

Reverse Reverb into a standard Reverb will phase each other out if you can match the rates.

+1 unless its a cluttered mess you are looking for.
Quote by AcousticMirror
sounds very complicated.

It's not really. Admittedly it is a bit of a one trick pony but it's just a nice effect. I remember hearing that they work because of algorithms or something. I don't know how it would work compared to a normal reverb unit though.
Quote by jaybsp
It is a cluttered mess and to the guy who knows not of 'Reverse Reverb'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DEnwUAzPG4 Reverse reverb in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwiT2ND8lfE Demo of a reverse reverb unit.

Sounds like cats dying while eating themselves, there really is no such thing as a "reverse reverb" cause reverb is just a frequency that goes back and fourth, or a better description is like a fast delay. Reversing it would do nothing, except change the point at which the delay and decay starts and ends.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Sounds like cats dying while eating themselves, there really is no such thing as a "reverse reverb" cause reverb is just a frequency that goes back and fourth, or a better description is like a fast delay. Reversing it would do nothing, except change the point at which the delay and decay starts and ends.

Different strokes and that.

Also I'm fairly certain there's a difference. This is reverse Delay as opposed to reverse reverb. I'm all for you teaching me about how the reverb reversing would work though if you know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPc7eZ9tb10
Quote by ethan_hanus

Quote by Sguit

My reaction, I'm aware of he's infamy though so I didn't want to sound rude
Quote by jaybsp
My reaction, I'm aware of he's infamy though so I didn't want to sound rude

Well, you saying it's a reverse delay and reverb, and it sounds nothing like a delay, or a reversed delay, or a reverb, or a reversed reverb, cause I have played with phasing reverbs and delays in my DAW, and it really doesn't do anything.
How does it not sound as though the notes are being reversed and then delayed/reverberated? Also the video of the band wasn't 100% wet reverse reverb so there was some 'dry' signal coming through.
Quote by jaybsp
How does it not sound as though the notes are being reversed and then delayed/reverberated? Also the video of the band wasn't 100% wet reverse reverb so there was some 'dry' signal coming through.

Because you can't reverse a note, it's the same as it was to begin with, it doesn't change as it rings out other than volume wise, the only thing I can think that it would do is make the note ring out quiet then get loud, but I don't hear that, it sounds more like some kind of shitty modulation or a reverb with way too much feedback.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Because you can't reverse a note, it's the same as it was to begin with, it doesn't change as it rings out other than volume wise, the only thing I can think that it would do is make the note ring out quiet then get loud, but I don't hear that, it sounds more like some kind of shitty modulation or a reverb with way too much feedback.

Right, but why could you not? and it sounds pretty reversed to me.
Quote by jaybsp
Right, but why could you not? and it sounds pretty reversed to me.

Get a modulation pedal, it sounds almost exactly like that, except a hell of a lot better. I've used modulation on a few of my songs, and it's way clearer than that.

Like I said, your only reversing the start and finish of the volume difference in the note, which is all you can do, cause when you hit say, a E note, it stays a E note until it fully rings out, it'll change a few cents as it rings out, but it's not enough to be noticeable.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Get a modulation pedal, it sounds almost exactly like that, except a hell of a lot better. I've used modulation on a few of my songs, and it's way clearer than that.

Like I said, your only reversing the start and finish of the volume difference in the note, which is all you can do, cause when you hit say, a E note, it stays a E note until it fully rings out, it'll change a few cents as it rings out, but it's not enough to be noticeable.

I don't agree with you about the modulation pedal but yeah cool, thanks for the help.