Hey people,

I'm looking to get a new amp. A 20-watt solid state. Anyone have any experience with something good?
I have a Fender Frontman 25r. Good little practice amp for $99.. No complaints about it from me.
Well I'm really looking for something a little more metal. I know from some experience that Fender amps aren't great for metal, mostly clean sounds. Not my thing.
Can't go wrong, with a line 6.
I use a tiny terror for practice, and it's been good. but you want a ss.

I'd just go with a pod studio, and use decent computer speakers.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

+1

Any reason why it has to be 20w?

I mean not to second-guess you or anything, but that sounds a bit arbitrary, and volume probably doesn't work the way you think it does (not being condescending, I thought that way too at one point, I'm trying to prevent you from making the same mistakes I did).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well I suppose it would also help to know how much you wanna spend?

If ithe price is okay, but the Vox AC4TV is a .25-1-4 watt tube combo that might make you a little happier, now it IS a little cleaner than a line 6 but definitely a better buy.

The Vox Valvetronix VT series is a hybrid series (half tube, half digital) and you can get some nice metal tones from those.
The Music Stuff:
Fender Starcaster (Strat version)
Jackson Kelly
Epiphone PR-4ENA Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Lanikai LU-22 Concert Ukulele
Yamaha YPT-300 Keyboard

Darian JoAnna MacAllister = My Life