Page 1 of 5
I'm getting very sick of bands like this.

EDIT: Singing is BAD!
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Holy shit. That couldn't possibly be more blatant. They even LOOK like ABR.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
At least ABR doesn't ruin their music with that HORRIBLE singing.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Quote by synestershadows
I'm getting very sick of bands like this.

EDIT: Singing is BAD!

I agree, I don't tend to listen to bands that incorporate clean singing into their songs, but the overall sound that these guys produce is fairly decent, especialy considering they've just started out, I mean they could go anywhere from here.

You make it seem lke you've heard bands that sound like this - and if so, would very much so like a list. I'm yet to hear a band that isn't monotonous with good fry-screaming and a bit of guitar complexity involved. And to top it off, the breakdowns (okay, I admit, they're not BRUTAL breakdowns, but they still count), have quick a powerful 'hit' to them.

It's more of a high-respect thing for a band with such talent and great sound that is yet to be signed, but you can't write them off just because of the minute amount of clean vocals in their songs.

In response to previous replies (cbf clicking back and quoting...):

I do agree, but as a ABR fan, I enjoy the sound of this band. It would have to be one of the more succesful rip-offs however, as they don't directly 'copy' their riffs, they just include a very similar sound.

There are slight differences between their music and ABR's, but overall, they do play very similar styles. If you don't like it fair enoguh- but I thought they produced a very decent sound that deserved some acknowledgement. To me, it doesn't matter who came up with the style first, the fact that these guys utilise it and play it well is what pleases me.

I'm sick of the shitty bands I hear these days which are just some muddy, monotonoues, low-tone with some muffled screaming that nobody could possibly make sense of. I just find that the 'brightness' in the tone of these guys is needed, as I don't often hear it in hardcore music these days.
Dude, it's not just a similar style. It blatantly is ABR's style with clean singing that doesn't really fit thrown in to appeal to even more scene kids. I love ABR but this is their sound and they do it much, much better than this regardless.

Anyway, you'd probably like Texas in July if you like this, since they're another ABR clone.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Well that was just awful.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
Why in the name of sanity would you advertise a band as ABR 2.0 when realistically they're probably ABR 5827.0?

And why would you want people to listen to a band that is blatantly trying to rip off another band, this whole thread is garbage...
Harsh, but fair enough. I feel the same way about the clean vocals for most bands, but there's something about this one that I like.
I thought that transition from day to night in the middle of the video was pretty cool. That's about it.
This band is poor, boring and a lame rip off.

Im so bored of metalcore now, it just needs to die already.

No one will ever get close to ABR.

Their album was out ages ago now, i remember downloading it and every song sounded exactly the same.
Last edited by smokeysteve22 at Apr 1, 2011,
There's already a thread of them... They've been around for awhile.

I like some of their riffage, and they're good at what they do... but they're a little late to the party is what everyone's saying.

That and their chorus sections are really boring.
Quote by Kyle<3
I like some of their riffage, and they're good at what they do... but they're a little late to the party is what everyone's saying.

I can agree with that 100%.
Also, I would hardly call this AMAZING STUFF. Probably not even mediocre stuff. "boring, derivative nu-metalcore stuff" would probably be better.
Quote by seeneyj
Quote by zezimathehero
Also, I would hardly call this AMAZING STUFF. Probably not even mediocre stuff. "boring, derivative nu-metalcore stuff" would probably be better.

Your taste in this style of music obvious differs from mine. I'm sick of the boring, monotonously low guitars and screams that barely form words. Bands like For Today and Between The Buried And Me just don't catch me like they do for others.

But I will not deny, a definite improvement to this band would be to scrap the clean singing.
Quote by Ryzaar
Your taste in this style of music obvious differs from mine. I'm sick of the boring, monotonously low guitars and screams that barely form words. Bands like For Today and Between The Buried And Me just don't catch me like they do for others.

But I will not deny, a definite improvement to this band would be to scrap the clean singing.

Fortunately I also hate the "boring, monotonously low tuned guitars and screams that barely form words like For Today". Probably more than you do.
Quote by seeneyj
Quote by Ryzaar

You make it seem lke you've heard bands that sound like this - and if so, would very much so like a list. I'm yet to hear a band that isn't monotonous with good fry-screaming and a bit of guitar complexity involved. And to top it off, the breakdowns (okay, I admit, they're not BRUTAL breakdowns, but they still count), have quick a powerful 'hit' to them.

ABR
Texas in July
I, The Breather
This abortion of a band
Elitist (who actually do it better than most)
100000 other bands that I can't be bothered with naming.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Between the Buried and Me... boring? Haha. I'm not even one of the dudes who rides them all the time, and I find their music pretty mind boggling.
Quote by SeveredSurvival
That sucked.

IF BOYAN CAN'T MOSH TO IT, NO ONE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
For some reason, I thought this would be a new ABR song. You have disappointed me TS
A dude from this band went to my band's facebook page, listened to the first song, went to my youtube channel, and commented on my Set In Motion cover with "rofl. listened to the first song on your facebook. should be called "thrill seeker if it sucked."

sweet headbangin in your room, bro."

Obviously I replied with, "Forevermore sounds like ABR with shitty cleans and scene hair. Good job.

Also, that song you call "thrill seeker if it sucked" is really old. New stuff is much better. In fact, it's nothing like ABR or your shitty band."
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Quote by synestershadows
A dude from this band went to my band's facebook page, listened to the first song, went to my youtube channel, and commented on my Set In Motion cover with "rofl. listened to the first song on your facebook. should be called "thrill seeker if it sucked."

sweet headbangin in your room, bro."

Obviously I replied with, "Forevermore sounds like ABR with shitty cleans and scene hair. Good job.

Also, that song you call "thrill seeker if it sucked" is really old. New stuff is much better. In fact, it's nothing like ABR or your shitty band."

Nicely done, let's see if he responds.
Last edited by jibran at Apr 4, 2011,
I would have just said "Forevermore sounds like thrill seeker if it sucked"
Quote by seeneyj
Quote by zezimathehero
I would have just said "Forevermore sounds like thrill seeker if it sucked"

Yeah, but that's not original.

EDIT: Also, they have a new song that sounds like ABR plus deathcore bullshit. Their album cover is Emma Watson. Cool dudes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8Kb2o_cVcU&feature=channel_video_title
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Last edited by synestershadows at Apr 4, 2011,
If you could just take his statement and make it say his band sounds like a shitty thrill seeker while changing as few words as possible it would have been funnier, is what I was getting at.
Quote by seeneyj
I GOT YOUR BACK ANDREW, TIME TO RUIN THIS DUDE

he will rue this day.
Quote by seeneyj
Yeah, but I wanted to be as insulting as possible to him. I also commented on the video saying how original their name was. I mean come on, there's a band out there called Nevermore.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Just posted on the video. That fella seems like a meanie. I hope we're not abusing some other guy from the band that may possibly be a good person.
Well it was the fur0ci0us dude who commented on my video.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Posted a link to the video on my band's facebook page. It's not getting the reaction I hope it would.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
I actually like these, it's just a shame they are a lot like ABR and TIJ
Quote by Roflpwn
Wow, you guys are pathetic.

No.

We just have a better music taste than you.

I listen to hardcore, not this shit.
I drink your milkshake.
Last edited by SeveredSurvival at Apr 4, 2011,
Quote by SeveredSurvival
No.

We just have a better music taste than you.

I listen to hardcore, not this shit.

You're so cool, teach me your ways.
You guys might be going a little overboard...

Oh well, who am I to judge.

EDIT: Do they really claim to be a Christian band? Ugh...
Last edited by Kyle<3 at Apr 4, 2011,
Page 1 of 5