So it's come to my attention in the past week that bands are putting their full albums on Soundcloud as soon as they're leaked.

The Kills uploaded their whole album after a leak earlier this week and the Foo Fighters uploaded their new album hours ago.

I'm sure other bands have been doing this (whether using Soundcloud or not) for a while, and I'm wondering whether it actually causes you guys not to download the album, but instead just stream it online until it is available for purchase?

I could only assume that'd be the point of uploading it...
Last edited by LPDC at Apr 1, 2011,
Wait the new Foo's album is streaming now!!!

I don't know to wait it off until its released to buy it or listen to it now and buy it later

Quote by DeadlyIllness

[that guy again] gets the drum Solo and Title King of the UG.

*Drum Solo*

Steam: yintonyinton
PSN: yintonyinton
Quote by that guy again
Wait the new Foo's album is streaming now!!!

I don't know to wait it off until its released to buy it or listen to it now and buy it later

Wait another SIX DAYS?! (it's six, yeah?)
Quote by LPDC
Wait another SIX DAYS?! (it's six, yeah?)

Wait 6 days?

Why did I never bother to check the release schedule and just assume it was coming out in three months time from now (now being whenever I gave thought to the album)

Guess I can wait, seeing it isn't three months away after all

Quote by DeadlyIllness

[that guy again] gets the drum Solo and Title King of the UG.

*Drum Solo*

Steam: yintonyinton
PSN: yintonyinton
I don't see what difference it makes. People are still listening to the music without paying. Like anti-piracy fags who listen to music on youchoob all day.
It'll probably increase sales i think.
“being in a room and sitting there with a ghost, hearing their voice in your head and seeing them as clearly as I'm seeing you right now.”
People are gonna do it anyways. Might as well upload it yourselves to bring people to your own page.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
People are gonna do it anyways. Might as well upload it yourselves to bring people to your own page.

this.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
if i was a pirate, my thought process would be:

see on soundcloud > realize it's out > download so it goes on itunes with the rest of my pirate collection

not:

see on soundcloud > listen to on soundcloud
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17