Poll: How do you feel about ad spammers on UG?
Poll Options
View poll results: How do you feel about ad spammers on UG?
Indifferent
8 10%
They amuse me
19 23%
They should all be raped by a BC Rich guitar
46 57%
They make me want to buy things
3 4%
Don't know what you're talking about
5 6%
Voters: 81.
Due to the recent glut of advertising spammers on UG forums and comment threads, I was wondering what the Pit thought of them. Are they purely obnoxious? Slightly amusing? Make you want to spend money on the products/services being advertised? Make you want to bring the combined fury of a thousand hackers to bear on their quivering web servers? Poll imminent.

Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bored? read these, or this
I think the ad down in the Tab App section right now is pretty successful...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I say shanannigans, no one looks at them or just goes in to report. They just waste their time and ours
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
If I notice them I put whatever they are selling on my do not buy list.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
i refuse to purchase anything from websites that i discovered because of spam.
Quote by biga29
I think the ad down in the Tab App section right now is pretty successful...

The sight of it in the new threads box on the homepage was what prompted this idea

Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bored? read these, or this
How about the mods give out spammers' email addresses so we can spam them?

On the off-chance that it was actually their personal email, it would be nice to give them total fucking hell.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
I don't get how any internet advertising works. I never click a link and never will. If it ever happened it was by mistake. I feel like everyone would avoid these, am I right? Or do some of you click ads? I'm not talking about spam particularly but just internet ads in general like something you'd find on the side of goodle or ebay.
THIS IS A PART OF MY SIG. IF YOU ARE READING THIS AS A PART OF MY POST YOU ARE DUMB BECAUSE LETS FACE IT THIS LOOKS NOTHING LIKE MY POST BECAUSE IT IS HUGE.
The ones that have random gibberish with a link at the end I find quite funny. The ones that are actually advertising? Not so much.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by braveconmark
According to my view, Internet Marketing is termed to be the business that is performed online. The best and easiest way to perform business is through Internet. This is also known as the online or the e-marketing.

cheap advertising space
find cheap advertising space online

lmao the irony

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
What's a UG forum?
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
don't listen to TS. mesopatamius is an anagram for 'buyguccitoday'.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Quote by laid-to-waste
don't listen to TS. mesopatamius is an anagram for 'buyguccitoday'.

Actually it's an anagram for Must Pai Me.....osta?
The thought of spammers getting raped by Bronze Series BC Rich guitars amuses me.
some are pretty amusing to me but i guess that's cause i've never saw the appeal of going in a thread just to say *reported or because i don't moderate this forum

Quote by Lord_Doku
The thought of spammers getting raped by Bronze Series BC Rich guitars amuses me.

+1
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
y9u kniw whats aecfescugnce . deutnk thats swhaths effefctivne . it makes the afefuretgiticesnt good and allowos u to adveruuteiose to the peopol tha t u want tot accedfaucoer tit s to so they can see wthey acudiaoiajvnaei o ment s that u try to tell them. so when u want ot os acdaofijalkerfo you prpovojdu get drrnk and post them so the preople that u are tduigt ito sel the m tooo can read rhem.
RevaM1ssP1ss
UG E-Vicar
RIP The Rev
One day Yugi will be mine

Schecter Synyster Custom
B.C. Rich KKV Signed By Kerry King
Schecter Gryphon
Ibanez RG240
POD X3 Live
Guitar Research T60R Tube
Line 6 Spider 3 150 Watt
I dont think I remember a single product that has been spammed on here
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Obviously not. I mean who takes the time to read their entire spam fest of ''iPhone 4G for only 199$ with plastic hard case free!!!! Android phones starting at only 250$ and phone plans starting at 10$ a month!!'' and then what makes them think we think they're legit?

I mean I may as well be walking on a street in Mexico and have some guy heckle me into buying an iPhone 4GS or whatever only to find out that when I bring the box home and open it, it has a nice roll of coins in it instead of an actual phone, who would've thought.
Quote by mesopatamius
Due to the recent glut of advertising spammers

Quote by mesopatamius
recent

Quote by mesopatamius
recent

lol.

By my estimates, Adbot 2.0 have been in use for almost exactly 1 year. See this thread for more details (self plug): https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469036

Quote by Strat007
How about the mods give out spammers' email addresses so we can spam them?

On the off-chance that it was actually their personal email, it would be nice to give them total fucking hell.

I really doubt it.

EDIT: Going through my old adbot thread and lol @ this by Xaoxi:

Quote by Xiaoxi
This guy should be banned:

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/rotten_days/

In virtually all of his threads, regardless of what the topic is, he somehow weaves in a link to the clothing store in which he works at with a selected product. Half of his threads start with a casual mention "so I work at this clothing shop", as if it's some kind of prestigious place to brag about. Kick his ass outta here.

olololololol
Last edited by devourke at Sep 1, 2012,