Just picked this up today, finally upgraded from my Ibanez GIO. I'm really happy with her, though think I'll swap out the pups eventually, the A and D strings are kinda weak, and the neck pup is a bit muddy. Other than that, everything is amazing so far

Dean icon special select:
22 thin-tall frets
Quilted maple top (obviously )
Honduras mahogany body and neck (Edit, regular mahogany on neck, honduran on body?)
Grover tuners
Coil taps on both pups

What do ya'll think??
Last edited by speeddemon93 at Apr 2, 2011,
Hngd
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
**** that's nice, HNGD
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
After I read that it was a Dean, I was like meh.

Then I saw the picture, and I was like

HNGD.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Beautiful Top

HNGD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Wow the finish is NICE

HNGD!
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Velocity
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
AMT WH1 Japanese Girl Wah
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-07 Classic Flanger
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus
That's a pretty guitar
Philipk was right tho it does look like a prs

Does she play as good as she looks?

Hngd
I've never been a fan of deans myself, but this is unlike any dean I've ever played. I haven't done a setup yet, so the action is a little wonky, but she still plays very nicely. Much different than my old ibanez RG (which played *very* nicely for a cheapo guitar). It's gonna take me a couple days to get used to the subtle differences, like the shorter scale, all my guitars have been 25.5 till now.

I'm extremely happy so far, especially considering I only paid $230 with a HSC
Quote by AWACS
After I read that it was a Dean, I was like meh.

Then I saw the picture, and I was like

HNGD.

+1

that thing looks badass

honduras mahogany? Is that one of the USA ones?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
+1

that thing looks badass

honduras mahogany? Is that one of the USA ones?

I don't think it's a USA model, it comes with regular Dean humbuckers and a no-name bridge. Maybe a Korean model?

HNGD, I really like the more streamlined models that Dean has been releasing lately.
Looks like a PRS, which is very nice

But I'm not sure about a Dean guitar... anyways,

HNGD!!!!

Quote by poopsmith666
I sincerely hope one day you look back at this post and realize how ignorant you're being about the concept of getting high.

Quote by strat0blaster
Out of those choices, I'm going to go with the Bastrapple.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I don't think it's a USA model, it comes with regular Dean humbuckers and a no-name bridge. Maybe a Korean model?

yeah, that's what i'd have thought, just he said honduran mahogany, which tends to only be on really high-end models.

Maybe it's not honduran?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, that's what i'd have thought, just he said honduran mahogany, which tends to only be on really high-end models.

Maybe it's not honduran?

Idk, this site here says it's Honduran . Dean's website doesn't mention Honduras...once again:

As for where it's made, this little blurb on dean's site seems to say it's czechoslovakian. but it says Korea on the heackstock. So I have yet another . There's not an immense amount of info on the net about the icon line, specifically the special select model. Seems to be a great guitar though. The pickups could be better, and the knobs are kinda cheesy, but the workmanship seems fantastic
Clean the Fingerboard it looks disgusting HNGD.
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
Quote by speeddemon93
Idk, this site here says it's Honduran . Dean's website doesn't mention Honduras...once again:

As for where it's made, this little blurb on dean's site seems to say it's czechoslovakian. but it says Korea on the heackstock. So I have yet another . There's not an immense amount of info on the net about the icon line, specifically the special select model. Seems to be a great guitar though. The pickups could be better, and the knobs are kinda cheesy, but the workmanship seems fantastic

if it says made in korea on it, i'd assume it's korean

i'd also assume it's not honduran, at that kind of price

Could easily be wrong, though
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
if it says made in korea on it, i'd assume it's korean

i'd also assume it's not honduran, at that kind of price

Could easily be wrong, though

Lol, I have no idea. I'm gonna guess it's not, or Dean probably would have mentioned it on their site.....it'd be cool if we were both wrong though!
yeah definitely
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?