I need a new amp, my onen is so bad...
Im really in to all tyoes of metal, aswell as alot of other stuff, i am currently looking at a few amps, but i dont no which one is best.
. Mesa boogie Dual rectifier
.hughes and kettner core blade
.orange rockerverb
.peavey 6534+

I know these amps are quiet expensive, but just saying price is no worry, which one would you choose.
dude in the long run it is which ones suites you best. sure we can tell you what we would choose but that doesn't mean it's the right one for you. go try each one and pick the one you like best.
They're all very different from one another. Although if I was looking at Hughes & Kettner, I'd go for the Switchblade over the Core.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
i relise each amp is different but for stuff like steriotypical metallica, but also stuff like parkway drive, bring me th horizon, etc.., whats best
Quote by khobi64
i relise each amp is different but for stuff like steriotypical metallica, but also stuff like parkway drive, bring me th horizon, etc.., whats best

It's really hard to find an amp that can do both of those at once. Most amps can nail one tone, and be pretty good at others, but it's really rare to find any amp that can nail more than one tone.

that said, you're looking at 2 pretty different tones there... like a boosted JCM of some sort for that thrashy tone, and then a 6505+ for the modern "core" tone.

If money really is no object, you can always get 2 amps, and ABY them, or not if you don't need to switch between amps mid-song.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by JagerSlushy
They're all very different from one another. Although if I was looking at Hughes & Kettner, I'd go for the Switchblade over the Core.

The Switchblade is nice, but I'd go for a Triamp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Px1ypfGVI&feature=related

TS, it's really up to you and your personal tastes, if money is no issue, then you got about a bizzilion amps you can choose from that are just amazing at metal and being versatile.
Last edited by BurstBucker Pro at Apr 2, 2011,
how about the orange rockerverb 100, and i also buy a ibanez ts9, for the distortion boost....ive heard that with this mix you can get some pretty sweet tones??
The Orange and the Mesa Dual are just overpriced IMO. Get a used Mesa Single (~$800), the H&K Switchblade is pretty nice - no experience with their other amps. And the 6505 can be had for pretty cheap used ($700-$800) and retubed for another $100 or so to get the 6534.

Out of the three I would get the Mesa Single for value, solid sound, and tonal variety. The Orange and Mesa Dual are $2.5k new - too rich for my blood.
I just thought. Just get a Mesa Mark series amp. They're extremely versatile, they can do 99% of whatever you'll want to play. The Mark IV is my personal favorite, but they're all great amps.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.