Page 1 of 4
I want to move out at 18 in a couple of years but my family says it is highly unrealistic that i will be able to pay for a house/apartment, taxes, bills, college, insurance, etc. at 18 years old. Is it really that unlikley that an 18 year old could live on their own? When did the pit move out of their parents' house?
You might need to learn some general things about life, like how you can get internet. Considering you don't know how to do that, you might want to give it awhile.
THIS IS A PART OF MY SIG. IF YOU ARE READING THIS AS A PART OF MY POST YOU ARE DUMB BECAUSE LETS FACE IT THIS LOOKS NOTHING LIKE MY POST BECAUSE IT IS HUGE.
With all the money you spend on Axe products, I don't know if you'll be able to afford it.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Well it depends really. Sure lot's of people move out to college, but for most students who don't get a free ride, they have to take out loans to pay for dorms.

You could also share a place with people and split the costs of everything.

But to be completely on your own? You'd need a full time job which would hinder your chances of balancing work and school.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Apr 1, 2011,
Quote by Mr-Mufflers69
You might need to learn some general things about life, like how you can get internet. Considering you don't know how to do that, you might want to give it awhile.

Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
I love the first two comments bringing up his past threads
Hello Will You Be My Freind?
Quote by guitar-guy69
i knocked a girl up once but thank the lord it died inside her

Quote by guitar-guy69
Guitar-guy69 your the best

Quote by guitar-guy69
my penis floats when its in the water so it always looks hard

Hello my name is guy i like my women naked and aroused lol
I don't think you know what you're doing. Yes it's a joke, but seriously...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
When my Mom told me if I fail the school tests she's kicking me out when I'm 18. I was scared as ****. Why would you want to move out anyway?
Chances are if you're asking such questions you won't survive.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Yeah... I turn 18 in November and graduate from high school next June. Not moving out until college. Just be glad you have parents that will let you stick around rent free-- Some people insist that their children move out/pay rent immediately upon turning 18. That'd suck.
Quote by IdkWhatImDoing
I want to move out at 18 in a couple of years but my family says it is highly unrealistic that i will be able to pay for a house/apartment, taxes, bills, college, insurance, etc. at 18 years old. Is it really that unlikley that an 18 year old could live on their own? When did the pit move out of their parents' house?

if you're going to be living in a dorm its totally realistic. if you're going to live in a house w/ some roommates it'd be a lot harder.
Once I'm in collage i'm not allowed to live w/ parents haha. they told me they will kick me out and make me live on my own, which i'm fine with. i don't really wanna leech off them forever.
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Quote by winterXsolstice
I moved out at 13

Pics or it didn't happen.
Ibanez AW200 ( Discontinued )
Jackson DKMGT Black
Squire Telecaster Classic Vibe 50's w/ Noiseless Specials
SX Bass ( Vintage Series Custom Hand Made )
-----------------------------
Roland Cube 30x
Peavey Classic 30----Boss RC-2
Quote by vanhailin
if you're going to be living in a dorm its totally realistic. if you're going to live in a house w/ some roommates it'd be a lot harder.
Once I'm in collage i'm not allowed to live w/ parents haha. they told me they will kick me out and make me live on my own, which i'm fine with. i don't really wanna leech off them forever.

I moved out at 18, I had been saying I would since I was 13 and the way my family was, I was kind of forced to. It sucked major balls at first, but now it's liberating. Everything is down to me....If I want to eat, I have to cook. If I want my room clean, I clean it. Do I want internet? I pay for it...if you find all of this something you'd be willing to do, go for it. The majority of teens today though couldn't do this at all...they depend on their parents extremely

And just a little tip, you don't need a car, and if you get really good grades, someone will pay for you to live by yourself
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Last edited by megano28 at Apr 1, 2011,
Quote by vanhailin

are you seriously saying that living in a dorm is cheaper that an apartment or a house? Good luck with that.
THIS IS A PART OF MY SIG. IF YOU ARE READING THIS AS A PART OF MY POST YOU ARE DUMB BECAUSE LETS FACE IT THIS LOOKS NOTHING LIKE MY POST BECAUSE IT IS HUGE.
lol...

I'm 18, going to college this fall. Gonna live on campus but for breaks and summer I'm coming back home.
In this economy you WILL NOT be able to survive on you own with just a high school diploma, and go to school at the same time.
Why would you want to move out? Do your parents touch you in weird places or something? If not be thankful you have parents who care and don't want their kid out on the street.
I play guitar.
Quote by Mr-Mufflers69
are you seriously saying that living in a dorm is cheaper that an apartment or a house? Good luck with that.

Completely off-topic but your avatar turns me on...

<.<

>.>
Quote by Thrill-house

Quote by Dopemgs

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
Quote by TheWho2
lol...

I'm 18, going to college this fall. Gonna live on campus but for breaks and summer I'm coming back home.
In this economy you WILL NOT be able to survive on you own with just a high school diploma, and go to school at the same time.
Why would you want to move out? Do your parents touch you in weird places or something? If not be thankful you have parents who care and don't want their kid out on the street.

I don't know where you're located, but if you're looking for cheap living, get out of the dorms...For example, I'm paying roughly $3,500 in rent and if you factor in internet, food and basic necessities it brings the total to about 6-7k a year(Being pretty generous with that number) while my friend who lives on campus is paying 11k a year for less space....if you have a scholarship, stay there, if not find some decent off campus housing
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

Quote by Conor360
Completely off-topic but your avatar turns me on...

<.<

>.>

Ugh yeah take me in the my man ass. Pound my meat flaps. I want you to lick my penis as it comes out your butt.

Feeling better? I was going to do more but it got a little weird
I just want to be on my own and grow up. I have no idea what I want to be once I'm out of high school though... I'm still debating college because I don't know what I want in life, the only goals I have are to have lots of money, drive a nice car, and have a hot girlfriend. Can anybody share some of their expiriences and what it was like when they first moved out?
I thought you were going to West point.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Mr-Mufflers69
Ugh yeah take me in the my man ass. Pound my meat flaps. I want you to lick my penis as it comes out your butt.

Feeling better? I was going to do more but it got a little weird

No no...thats not weird at all...

I feel violated
Quote by Thrill-house

Quote by Dopemgs

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
Quote by IdkWhatImDoing
I just want to be on my own and grow up. I have no idea what I want to be once I'm out of high school though... I'm still debating college because I don't know what I want in life, the only goals I have are to have lots of money, drive a nice car, and have a hot girlfriend. Can anybody share some of their expiriences and what it was like when they first moved out?

you're the stereotypical teen, you want out, but have no plans on how to obtain it....

that speaks for itself, you wouldn't last 2 days on your own, you still have the mentality of a child
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

Moving out at 18 is my plan. I'll probably move into college before i turn 18 anyway, so it works.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
TS best be trollin'
Quote by Thrill-house

Quote by Dopemgs

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
Quote by IdkWhatImDoing

Honestly, sure you could. Though its hard to find a well paying job right after you get out of high school. Normally you have to put in a good amount of time to get the amount of pay you need to support yourself.
epic7734
I moved when I was still in my mothers womb. I was gonna move out at two months old but I wanted to be secure financially.
I'm 19, and still live with my parents. The reason is simply that I can't afford it. I don't have a full time job and I really don't want the loans that comes with moving out while going to university.

My advice, move out when you can, don't rush it.
Member 15 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join.

Founder of the I love nickelodeon club. PM me to join.
i presonally don't think that its realistic to drive a nice car and have lots of money when your 18 unless your parents a filthy rich and buy everything for you. as for moving out on your own unless you have a pretty freaking good paying job then it probably won't happen while your going to college if you want to get out debt free, at least for me i might move out when im 18 however by that time i'll be a sophmore in college, have around 2 years experience in my current job and if i stay that long my boss will give me a great review when i do leave, and i have several friends that have the same goals that i do and we could possibly share rent on a apartment/house.
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
Quote by winterXsolstice
I moved out at 13

More like kicked out or abandoned.

Your an idiot if you move out at 18. Think your man enough to pay your own bills and put food on the table? Support yourself, pay rent, utilities, car insurance, health insurance, file your own taxes? Fix all the things that break in your home, pay to have your car fixed if it breaks down, cook your own food, fold your own cloths, shop for your own food, ect.

Ready to do all of that, and be fully responsible for yourself, I highly doubt it.

I'm 20 and still live at home, while I go to college. Why? Cause, free rent, free home cooked meals, and free college. Beats living on your own struggling to survive any day of the week. If you wouldn't take a offer like that then your an idiot.
Yeah, Youdkwhatyou'redoing
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by ethan_hanus
More like kicked out or abandoned.

Your an idiot if you move out at 18. Think your man enough to pay your own bills and put food on the table? Support yourself, pay rent, utilities, car insurance, health insurance, file your own taxes? Fix all the things that break in your home, pay to have your car fixed if it breaks down, cook your own food, fold your own cloths, shop for your own food, ect.

Ready to do all of that, and be fully responsible for yourself, I highly doubt it.

I'm 20 and still live at home, while I go to college. Why? Cause, free rent, free home cooked meals, and free college. Beats living on your own struggling to survive any day of the week. If you wouldn't take a offer like that then your an idiot.

so anyone who wants to try out living by themselves is an idiot huh?

with your logic, most people would never move out their parent's home

being on your own gives you something that you can't get a home being pampered...if you've never done it, you'd never understand. And I don't mean dorming either, everything there is basically done for you, I mean living somewhere that has you pay utilities as well as rent
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

Quote by megano28
so anyone who wants to try out living by themselves is an idiot huh?

with your logic, most people would never move out their parent's home

being on your own gives you something that you can't get a home being pampered...if you've never done it, you'd never understand. And I don't mean dorming either, everything there is basically done for you, I mean living somewhere that has you pay utilities as well as rent

He meant while being in college.
Quote by metaldud536
He meant while being in college.

I know, I could have stayed in LA for uni, but I moved to Sacramento, to be on my own as I went to college...I could have had everything he said, but I valued my independence much higher....would never be able to go back without hanging my head
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

Quote by megano28
I know, I could have stayed in LA for uni, but I moved to Sacramento, to be on my own as I went to college...I could have had everything he said, but I valued my independence much higher....would never be able to go back without hanging my head

Really? And did you live completely on your own? Were you a full time student or part time and did you work full time or part time?
Page 1 of 4