Page 1 of 3
What is your least favorite song, or songs?
Try not to be predictable and post Rebecca Black, Brokencyde, and so on. Those are obviously bad, but I'm talking about songs that you dislike for more interesting reasons. Maybe it brings back bad memories, maybe you hate the way it's written, whatever. (I realize Rebecca Black, etc.. may be that for you, but you know, try a little harder if you can)

My least favorite song is Detox by Strapping Young Lad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f20L0msLsM
I can't listen to it without being reminded of how bad I felt when it was playing a couple years back. Just some crap with friends that I don't like to think about. Which sucks, as it's a good song.

Your turn!

EDIT: State why.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Last edited by fail at Apr 1, 2011,
basically anything with too much profanity, i cant stand. just a personal preference i guess. Some rap is good but if they say f*ck you mother f*ckin n*igga one more time.....
fuck tik tok by kesha. got really drunk and started singing it one night and it got recorded and I've never been able to get away from that moment. I've basically stopped hanging out with a group of people over that incident because its all they talk about

god dammit
I Like Green!
Losing a whole year by third eye blind

basically if youve ever been in a relationship and it ended badly youll find a way to relate tothis song, but its not some like emo sob story song, ...
i recently heard the first 30 seconds of the song "friday"
in those 30 seconds i managed to acquire a new hatred for pop singers that i had yet to experience don't get me wrong some pop songs are good but this one just....well stood for everything i disliked -.-
Music is not the Olympics. It's not a sport; it's a form of expression. There is no such thing as bad music. There may be music that you personally don't like, but if you don't like it, don't listen to it.." Eddie Van Halen
Quote by MightyAri
Blackened by Metallica

Blackned?! you kiddin me? dam, i personally really like blackened. but i dont like country (newer country) songs, they all sound the same to me.
Any songs that are under 2 minutes long and were made just for guitar and profanity blasting.
Every poster on here is a 6-foot Catholic schoolgirl with an 8-inch penis and riches beyond my wildest dreams.
Beneath The Mask - Chick Corea Electric Band.

For one, I hate Chick Corea.

For two, I was in a jazz combo with a few friends, we would mostly just play around with Real Book charts but we decided to learn this one to play in the local music festival. It just brings back the pure hatred I had for that combo, the bass player and saxophone player were always bickering and the piano player always played block chords never solo'd and wouldn't play a melody (honestly the only reason she was in the band is because she's dating the bass player; she's in my current band too and is still the same). On top of that the only gigs we ever got were playing dinner music because the vast majority of society doesn't think jazz can be cool or interesting, just background music. Honestly. We had one lady come up to us and ask if we could turn down the saxophone so many time's that he just had to stop playing, and he was the only one playing melody. /rant

tl;dr this song sucks.
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica (D'addario Flatwound)
Roland Cube 60 watt
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2
Montana Acoustic Guitar(Martin Regular)
Time of my life by the Black Eyed Peas.

When I first heard that song I did not have the time of my life. I wanted to ****ing kill myself.
I'm completely against the nature of progressive music, so anything within that realm. Rap as well.

Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor, the famous one that he is so unfortunately associated with. It's completely unrepresentative of his style and music, and this kind of crass, unintelligent, and arbitrary writing really suggests he isn't the actual composer.

Pachelbel's Canon in D major, well known only for its uninspired and bland harmonic progression. The actual canons are very elementary.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
This album

Quote by Xiaoxi

Pachelbel's Canon in D major, well known only for its uninspired and bland harmonic progression. The actual canons are very elementary.

come on man just enjoy it's sweet simplicity
Last edited by blake1221 at Apr 2, 2011,
Quote by Xiaoxi
I'm completely against the nature of progressive music, so anything within that realm.

Why?
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by BryceIbanez17
Blackned?! you kiddin me? dam, i personally really like blackened.

Yes I was kidding,calm down
Quote by Xiaoxi

Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor, the famous one that he is so unfortunately associated with. It's completely unrepresentative of his style and music, and this kind of crass, unintelligent, and arbitrary writing really suggests he isn't the actual composer.

Yeah, honestly, I've heard that, and it kinda sounds just like pure wankery every time I hear it.

Anyway, For me, most songs with vocals that were written by guitarists who are well known as instrumental solo'ers (for example, Satriani, Paul Gilbert, Yngwie and so on). Alot of times, the singing ruins it, atleast in my opinion.
Quote by BryceIbanez17
Blackned?! you kiddin me? dam, i personally really like blackened. but i dont like country (newer country) songs, they all sound the same to me.

Hit the Floor-Bullet for my Valentine. I love the band but it is such a bad song.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Xiaoxi
Isn't there disagreement on whether he wrote that? Or at least the Tocatta.

Anyways, I HATE "I Got A Feeling" by The Black Eyes Peas. It's a horrible song with awful lyrics, and lazy composing. When I listen to a song like that, it feels like no creativity, originality and hard work went into writing that. It's just that overused drum beat with the kick drum on every beat and the snare on ever second beat, which is like the laziest drum beat you can use.

All the people I know that like that song are people who go to the club and get drunk all the time and the only things they've accomplished in their adult life is having little failure children at 17.
YOUUUUUU cranka soulja boya YOUUUUUU cranka soulja boya YOUUUUUU cranka soulja boya YOUUUUUU cranka soulja boya YOUUUUUU cranka soulja boya YOUUUUUU cranka soulja boya...

Tonight's gonna be a good night, Tonight's gonna be a good night, Tonight's gonna be a good night, Tonight's gonna be a good night, Tonight's gonna be a good night, Tonight's gonna be a good night, Tonight's gonna be a good night, Tonight's gonna be a good night, Tonight's gonna be a good night, Tonight's gonna be a good night...

Everybody in love, put your hands up, Everybody in love, put your hands up, Everybody in love, put your hands up, Everybody in love, put your hands up, Everybody in love, put your hands up, Everybody in love, put your hands up, Everybody in love, put your hands up, Everybody in love, put your hands up, Everybody in love, put your hands up, Everybody in love, put your hands up,

All the single ladies, put your hands up, All the single ladies, put your hands up, All the single ladies, put your hands up, All the single ladies, put your hands up, All the single ladies, put your hands up, All the single ladies, put your hands up, All the single ladies, put your hands up,

And any song that follows the same fomula as the above. Absolute disgrace to music.
I love Eminem, but I ****ing hate the song Drips. I also hate all of the interludes on Dre's albums that are just sex sounds.

Every song off of Slipknot's Iowa.

Also Black and Yellow by whoever the **** it is.

Edit: Also that "if you love somebody put your hands up" song.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Apr 2, 2011,
^I agree, I hate I Got a Feeling so much, I hate the Black Eyed Peas in general, but I am soooo sick of that song.

Also, Hey Soul Sister. Annoying as ****.

And obligatory, Friday is the worst song I have ever heard. I didn't say it in my first post because it said not to in the OP, so I was trying to be original, but since this is a longer post, w/e.

And any Bieber/Miley Cyrus/Jonas Brothers song

The Great Escape by Boys Like Girls

EDIT: ^I think IOWA is Slipknot's worst album (still love it), but really? All of them? ouch, but different strokes i guess
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Last edited by Gibson_SG_uzr55 at Apr 2, 2011,
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
^I agree, I hate I Got a Feeling so much, I hate the Black Eyed Peas in general, but I am soooo sick of that song.

And obligatory, Friday is the worst song I have ever heard. I didn't say it in my first post because it said not to in the OP, so I was trying to be original, but since this is a longer post, w/e.

Hey Soul Sister isn't that bad the first time you hear it. They have to play that chorus in like 30 commercials though.

And I can't say Friday because that shit is seriously funny. I laugh every time I watch that video. I mean seriously, who could think that music video was a good idea?
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

EDIT: ^I think IOWA is Slipknot's worst album (still love it), but really? All of them? ouch, but different strokes i guess

Friday is filled to the brim with win.

I mean those lyrics....

And im personally not a Jonas Brothers fan, but they aren't THAT BAD. idk opinions
Anything Pearl Jam, that guy's stupid voice sounds so stupid.

That one song where they are like "I go to the bar and I wish my drink was cooling me, I feel awkward and this club is so pretentious. I'm paralyzed but I'm not standing still cus I'm struck by you". Worst song EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! They played that seriously 8+ times a day when I had this summer job and I listened to the radio, every freaaaaakin day.
Quote by blake1221

come on man just enjoy it's sweet simplicity

There is nothing wrong with simplicity when done right. However, I wouldn't call this "sweet" simplicity. It's more like hitting you in the face with a brick repeatedly simplicity.

Quote by fail
Why?

I define progressive music as any music that uses many different, unrelated material in the course of one piece. To me, music is a type of architecture. So progressive music is essentially some kind of construct that is shoddily built using arbitrary pieces that don't fit together and no logic is involved to create a sense of unity.

Quote by TomusAM
Yeah, honestly, I've heard that, and it kinda sounds just like pure wankery every time I hear it.

That's because it is. And that's why I suspect it's probably not his work, just someone or some publisher who tacked his name on for the recognition power.

Quote by The Madcap
Isn't there disagreement on whether he wrote that? Or at least the Tocatta.

Yep. It wasn't uncommon for lesser known composers to use a well known composer's name simply because it would have sold more copies.

The kind of writing, the tendencies of the lines, the development, and everything else is so atypical of Bach, even as a toccata, which is supposed to sound improvisatory. Bach's verified toccatas are normally much more calculated and cohesive.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I Need You Now by Lady Antebellum
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

It's not as bad as I made it out to be, but I can't stand most of that album and I can't get into any of the songs, except for maybe Iowa (the song). I'm not much of a fan of the band anymore, and even when I made this account they weren't my favorite band or anything.
Funny, Detox always takes me back to a time I loved.

I really can't stand to listen to "hey soul sister" from train. That's because me and my friends had to listen to it 50 times in a row once.
Quote by Xiaoxi
I define progressive music as any music that uses many different, unrelated material in the course of one piece. To me, music is a type of architecture. So progressive music is essentially some kind of construct that is shoddily built using arbitrary pieces that don't fit together and no logic is involved to create a sense of unity.
What about YES?

....I like YES....
Quote by matsif
fuck tik tok by kesha. got really drunk and started singing it one night and it got recorded and I've never been able to get away from that moment. I've basically stopped hanging out with a group of people over that incident because its all they talk about

god dammit

Whatever nigga, Ke$ha's songs are the shit, that's my jam in da club right thar
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by El3ment380
Whip my hair. oh my god I hate it so much.

my god this
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
"I kissed a girl and I liked it"

"American booyyyyyy"

"Does your chain hang low does wobble to the flow"

"All the single ladies, all the single ladies, put your hands up, up in the air"

"I got my pokah face, my pokah face, my pokah face"

Haha.
Last edited by farmosh203 at Apr 2, 2011,
Quote by El3ment380
Whip my hair. oh my god I hate it so much.

That's considered a song?
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Page 1 of 3