hey ive been recently trying to create some intense harmonic dive bombs like satriani and herman li but when i perform these with my strat the longtivity and the intensness of the dive bomb is not there. Is there a special effect that will help produce a better sounding dive bomb or is it that my pickups are not made to do this kind of technique or is it a combination of both. please help me out!!!
moar gain
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
compressors will help with that as well, they'll increase sustain which will effect your dive bomb, but its also prob an issue with the guitar youre using. strats typically dont have floyd rose trems on them and not having the locking nut will also kill a lot of the sound when dive bombing.
Jackson RR Professional, early 90's japanese model, with EMG's

Digitech GNX3000

Crate GX 212
Quote by Bryson11
hey ive been recently trying to create some intense harmonic dive bombs like satriani and herman li but when i perform these with my strat the longtivity and the intensness of the dive bomb is not there. Is there a special effect that will help produce a better sounding dive bomb or is it that my pickups are not made to do this kind of technique or is it a combination of both. please help me out!!!

That's the entirety of the problem right there.

The pickups aren't really ideal for that kind of playing but more than anything else you don't have the right kind of tremolo. You need a double locking, floyd rose style trem not one of the strat vintage ones.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.