Where I live(a somewhat redneck area) just about anybody that doesn't listen to metal seems to think all metal is "screamo", and by screamo they refer to death metal.

I was wondering if other places it's like this.
Hellzz Yes
If a pizza has a radius of "Z" and a height of "A" it has a volume of pi(z)(z)(a)
Yes. I have kind of gotton over it though

I've slit the throats of clergymen and governors
Those bloated swine...
May their screams unhinge a thankless crown

<= last.fm

Quote by Butt Rayge

Everyone is cunts.
one time me and some friends were talking about metallica and the girls went past doing a growl thing pretending to be them
almost everywhere is like this.
Screamo, to people around who dont listen to metal,= death metal and grindcore and shit
Screamo ACTUALLY= post-hardcore
it pisses me off.
Originally Posted by Azbats63
I'm the only white guy in a band in El Paso. My bandmates call me El Diablo Blanco. They tell me it means "trusted friend."
Most metal, except a few metal bands, sound very screamo to me, and I really dislike any kind of constant screaming in metal. Which is why I tend to listen to instrumental metal now.

And ya'll don't even try to categorize what I'm saying into a genre, metal is metal, if there's constant screaming throughout the song, I CALL it screamo, and it annoys me. So piss off with any elitism.

There's a very nice underground metal scene here in Austin, they write some really good metal here.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Most metal, except a few metal bands, sound very screamo to me, and I really dislike any kind of constant screaming in metal. Which is why I tend to listen to instrumental metal now.

And ya'll don't even try to categorize what I'm saying into a genre, metal is metal, if there's constant screaming throughout the song, I CALL it screamo, and it annoys me. So piss off with any elitism.

There's a very nice underground metal scene here in Austin, they write some really good metal here.

I don't mean to be a dick or a metal "elitist"(although I am), but that's really not what metal is. I think you should check out some prog bands like DT or Pain of Salvation, amazing vocalists.
Great thread
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.