My favorite all time band is Linkin Park (although I'm extremely disappointed with their latest cd >_>

Some of my other favorite bands are Rise Against, Rage Against the Machine, Trivium, The Offspring, Sense Fail, Killswitch Engage and The Fall of Troy.

I like more melodic rock I guess. I like a nice mixture of screaming and singing vocals. Not really into death metal, and not soft rock either..so pretty much anything in between. Just looking for a few suggestions. Thanks.
Last edited by TriviumisEpic at Apr 2, 2011,
Alter Bridge
Thrice
30 Seconds To Mars
Queens Of The Stone Age

These seem right up your alley, but they're pretty well known names, so you may already know these. They're the only ones I could think of that you might be interested in.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Last edited by sloppyjoe24 at Apr 2, 2011,
@sloppyjoe 24: You totally stole Alter Bridge from me!

Not that I'm a fanboy from my avatar and everything, but Nine Inch Nails is a great band.

Some others:

Incubus
Foo Fighters
Staind
My Chemical Romance (no freaking joke)
Times of Grace (a Killswitch Engage spinoff)
Mastodon
Download Lifetime - Jersey's Best Prancers and Latterman - No Matter Where We Go...!

I'm mostly playing off the Rise Against and Offspring though. But they might appeal to you.
Quote by BrandonBeaux
@sloppyjoe 24: You totally stole Alter Bridge from me!

Not that I'm a fanboy from my avatar and everything, but Nine Inch Nails is a great band.

Some others:

Incubus
Foo Fighters
Staind
My Chemical Romance (no freaking joke)
Times of Grace (a Killswitch Engage spinoff)
Mastodon

I'll look into Times of Grace, I forgot to say that I like Killswitch Engage too haha.

LOL a lot of these bands I've been meaning to get into but I've never gotten around to it, especially MCR, Staind, Mastadon, and NIN. And I got two for Alter Bridge so I'll look into them too.

I've never heard Latterman..but I just youtubed a few of their songs off that album and they are great!

Also any bands that are similar to the Fall of Troy..although they do have a unique sound...or had a unique sound anyway lol.
Last edited by TriviumisEpic at Apr 2, 2011,
You probably already know about this, but have you checked out Dead By Sunrise?

It's Chester Bennington's side project. They're pretty good, but let me warn you....

Watch their music videos at your own risk.

They're god-awful, in my opinion. they actually ruined some of the songs for me for a while.

Some other band you may take interest in below. I'll bold some of my favorites... (Sorry if you think most of them suck ass.)

Rev Theory
Evans Blue (Maybe. I'm not extremely familiar with them)
10 Years
Papa Roach (Probably not their last album though...)
Three Days Grace
Seether
Avenged Sevenfold (Kind of just lumping that in there semi-randomly)
Saliva
The 69 Eyes (This band is a bit of an acquired taste if your not used to gothic-style vocals. Also, I'd recommend listening to stuff from their last few albums first since they reinvented themselves after a few albums into their career, and I think they're much better now.)
Bad Religion
Chevelle
Clutch (another toss up)
Escape the Fate
Kill Hannah
Marilyn Manson (Possibly a major shot in the dark. I'd recommend the Golden Age of Grotesque album to start with since it's probably his most mainstream sounding album.)
Mudvayne
Stone Sour
The Used (Especially their last album. I'd recommend "The Best of Me" as your first song. After about a minute of random noises, the first riff comes in sounding pretty epic. Also, I'll warn you, their lead singer often has a pretty wimpy voice, but he also screams.)

And, lastly, the band HIM. I think you'd be interested in three of their albums(Dark Light, Venus Doom and maybe Love Metal). Yeah they call themselves a "Love Metal" band, which sounds cheesy as ****, but I love 'em.

Happy listening.
Last edited by Shawn1379 at Apr 2, 2011,
I back up Thrice, but also, you should definitely check out Brand New. They can vary from some very mellow chill songs to some heavy intense shit, you should like them
Hard for me to rec stuff up this alley...huh.

I'd say try Blakfish, and A Voice Like Rhetoric. Fairly similar to The Fall of Troy. Also try At the Drive-In, they're a bit of a reach but they're great for anyone to get into. Mainly their Relationship of Command album, since it's their easiest to adjust to. Oh, and Dance Gavin Dance. I like...most of these. A couple not so much, but hey, it's pretty much what you're looking for.

Links below.

Blakfish
A Voice Like Rhetoric
At the Drive-In
Dance Gavin Dance

I can rec you some stuff that's a bit more far out, too, but all of these (besides AVLR) have some amazing songs. Got them on here still though, since they sound so much like TFOT.
I will definitely look into AVLR. TFoT is one of my top 3 favorite bands along with LP and Killswitch Engage. Thanks for all the suggestions..this should keep me busy for awhile.
Quote by BK202
At the Drive-In is never a reach. You can find qualities of almost every other genre in their music.

Thisx100
I'd say that too since I fell in love with them instantly, but I honestly know a lot of people who can't stand them because they (the people) are musically retarded
Quote by punkforlife93
I'd say that too since I fell in love with them instantly, but I honestly know a lot of people who can't stand them because they (the people) are musically retarded

Well I just youtubed ATDI...and they win. Good suggestion
Shinedown
Rise to Remain
Shadows Fall
Stone Sour
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Seconding NIN. There's a large variety for you to get started with from there.

I can't think of any others atm though, sorry
cat