Hi there, I am looking into buying a fender highway one strat from Andertons gutar shop which is near me. In my total guitar magazine from a couple of months ago, I saw that same guitar advertised for £500 on sale. They now have it on sale for £640. If I showed them that advert would they have to sell it to me for that. I am thinking they probably wouldn't but it is alot of money so I thought I might as well ask you guys to see.

Thanks.
Well it seems to me that their previous sale ended and they now have a new sale, so legally they're not obligated to sell it to you for 500 quid, though you could bring the advert and see if they'll reduce the price (a bit).
Quote by lockedandlogan
Let me get this straight. You're asking a bunch of people who are sitting at their computers, likely due to boredom, what to do for fun.

Quote by GaijinFoot
Old chinese proverb says: Man goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger

Wise words
If the catalogue is still valid, sure.
Otherwise just ask anyway.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
When I go in to music store I never expect to pay the list price. Although a £140 reduction is quite a bit. Try to pay in cash thall help, try to find another store/stires with lower prices so you can get them up against their competitors.
Another route to go down is free stuff, pay list price and get some pick, string cleaner, cloth, capo, tuner ect say £140's worth, well at cost to the store that's what? £80-90?
Be confident don't ask, could you take a few pounds out that for me, tell them 'I've seen that nearly £150 cheaper now what kind of deal can you do'

Hope that helps

Paul
probably not, if it's a limited time sale.

I mean maybe that was older stock bought at better prices.

I mean it won't hurt to ask, obviously, but expect them not to drop, kind of thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?