Page 1 of 7
First up, everyone who is a part of this competition, sticky this!

Welcome!

This is the first round of the 2011 MS Paint comp!

Competitors

[s]Momentosis[/s]
Metaldud536
[s]Ichikurosaki[/s]
TEK34
[s]ICOG[/s]
DecaPodge
magnus_maximus
[s]whalepudding[/s]
fenderdude06
[s]Rocking-Rob[/s]
[s]Ticket48[/s]
vagelier
[s]AnAngrySquirrel[/s]
[s]LostLegion[/s]
[s]totheark[/s]
SlayingDragons
mnf50
[s]SteveHouse[/s] 
RPGoof
[s]Supertait[/s]
[s]zYx Monster xYz[/s]
robertito696
Guitard 1988
[s]EnyoAdonai[/s]
[s]LRCGUITAR[/s]
[s]namesroverrated[/s]
ng117
[s]GuitarDomen[/s]
the bartender
emerald876
[s]Strat007[/s]
denfilade
dr_shred
PhillyHendrix
[s]psyks[/s]
[s]Alex_WK[/s]
[s]oZone_TNS[/s]
mulefish
[s]SexyLikeAPig[/s]
[s]Basti95[/s]
CreepingDeath13
[s]Welsh[/s]

I will cross you off on this list when you have submitted.

Judges

You have already been invited to the group, we will use this for judging purposes.

Rules

-No Shooping/Photoshop/Layers etc.
-You must use MS Paint and a mouse.
-Original work only! We will disqualify you without question.
-No bannable images!
-Absolutely no MS Painting over a picture, if you use a picture as reference, please post it with your final product.

SO, this is the moment you've all been waiting for, the theme for round 1.

Theme

The theme is: Fantasy

In the first round, we have a very broad theme. And as you can see, this is completely openended. You are only limited by your imagination.

Now, when this thread goes up, everyone who has signed up, post in it, so I know you've seen it and are still active.

Another important point.

The deadline for submissions is 12th April at 11pm GMT. To submit, PM me and type 'submitted' in this thread.

Resources

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.co.uk/ - Clock

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-get-the-good-old-ms-paint-without-ribbons-working-in-windows-7/

http://canvaspaint.org/

Quote by SteveHouse
"fantasy"

awwww yeahhhhhhh

ALSO I think this is the MS Paint I'm using. Download hurr

So contestants, get painting!

Good luck

EDIT:

If your name is crossed off the list, it means you've submitted and i'm happy with it (doesn't break any rules).
Last edited by Tanglewoodguit at Apr 12, 2011,
Yeah, I've been called the Picasso of our generation many, many times.

Quote by vagelier
Nothing is more arousing for girls than a man who claims that he doesn't have worms - and can prove it with conclusive evidence.

Black
Then
White are
All I see
In my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be
Reaching out to me.
Lets me see.
Not liking the theme of fantasy, no idea what I'm going to do here. I can't use paint to save my life anyway

EDIT: Just had an idea. Can the fantasy be our personal fantasy?
Last edited by Alex_WK at Apr 2, 2011,
Quote by Alex_WK
Not liking the theme of fantasy, no idea what I'm going to do here. I can't use paint to save my life anyway

The point of fantasy is that it's very open. C'mon dude, use your imagination.
I'ma now gonna be painting the whole weekend. Fortunately, i have no life so, eh
RIP Adam
What nOObs. pfft...

Remember i'm becoming a judge when i get kicked out! i'll just give it a shot
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Did you sign up in the sign up thread?

I did yes, but you said please post here as well to confirm so...
Excellent, I shall begin immediately.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
That link you posted for getting the old mspaint on Windows 7 doesn't work for me. Also why don't you pm Carmel to sticky the thread?

I think I might have to withdraw from this contest. The first link for instructions don't work for me because you had to have installed windows 7 over a Vista install. Mine's a clean installation therefore I don't have any hidden old versions of mspaint.

Second that canvas paint site is going to be to much of a hassle for saving because I quicksave every minute when I paint in photoshop or mspaint.

If I do something nice in Windows 7 how will you know I didn't use any of the new brushes? Do I have to submit full res images?
Last edited by metaldud536 at Apr 2, 2011,
^That's more of like an honor code type thing, metaldud. Really, nobody may ever know you used some of the brushes, but for the sake of fairness in the competition we assume you won't, in the same way we assume you won't use photoshop or something like that to touch up your images a bit.

Anyways, rocking a trackpad. This is gonna be a long, long time.
Quote by metaldud536
That link you posted for getting the old mspaint on Windows 7 doesn't work for me. Also why don't you pm Carmel to sticky the thread?

I think I might have to withdraw from this contest. The first link for instructions don't work for me because you had to have installed windows 7 over a Vista install. Mine's a clean installation therefore I don't have any hidden old versions of mspaint.

Second that canvas paint site is going to be to much of a hassle for saving because I quicksave every minute when I paint in photoshop or mspaint.

If I do something nice in Windows 7 how will you know I didn't use any of the new brushes? Do I have to submit full res images?

Just use windows 7, and we'll trust you. You can't prove a lot of things people do/say on an internet forum. As the guy above me said, 'honour system'.

EDIT: and i did PM Carmel, but she didn't reply.
Quote by metaldud536

It will work. I have a clean install of 7 and it worked fine. Do you have x64 or x86 version? There's a slightly different instruction set for each, make sure you're looking at the right one.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Why can't non-judges see the paintings? 500% fail.
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
Did you at least check to make sure it's what it says it is?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

It should be the proper Paint from XP.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)