i am looking for some guitar dvd based on lead constructing , phrasing.

i have a couple of dvds like - (rock discipline , frank gambale , alexi laiho ones , some lick library stuffs , paul gilbert ones,angelo stuffs, friedmans dvd )

i am still lacking some points , they are not showing how to phrase the lead , and how to improvise leads according to the chords.

so please suggest any instructional dvd names , based on this topic. (not on modes,scales,top 100 leads)

i mean , plenty of lead examples as well as the theory, not just theory .
To be honest Marty Friedman's melodic control is amongst the best out there IMO, but at the end of the day what you're asking isn't something that can be spoonfed to you. No DVD is going to have all the answers to your questions, ultimately you need to find your own answers because creation isn't black and white.

If melodic control isn't enough for you there's not much I can suggest, you have to discover some things for yourself.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I got a couple of guitar DVDs, and id say Creative Fusion by Kiko loureiro ( a Rockhouse method dvd ) is pretty damn useful.

He shows use of arpeggios, triads , chord interventions and abit more stuff.

Then also show you on the second disc ( its a 2 disc dvd ) how you can use these ideas in diffrent music styles.

I´m pretty sure he talks about modulations aswell.

Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA9RVja0zGY&feature=related
Quote by steven seagull
To be honest Marty Friedman's melodic control is amongst the best out there IMO, but at the end of the day what you're asking isn't something that can be spoonfed to you. No DVD is going to have all the answers to your questions, ultimately you need to find your own answers because creation isn't black and white.

If melodic control isn't enough for you there's not much I can suggest, you have to discover some things for yourself.

Right as usual stevie.......
Quote by COBHC912
i am looking for some guitar dvd based on lead constructing , phrasing.

i have a couple of dvds like - (rock discipline , frank gambale , alexi laiho ones , some lick library stuffs , paul gilbert ones,angelo stuffs, friedmans dvd )

i am still lacking some points , they are not showing how to phrase the lead , and how to improvise leads according to the chords.

so please suggest any instructional dvd names , based on this topic. (not on modes,scales,top 100 leads)

i mean , plenty of lead examples as well as the theory, not just theory .

That makes up, if I remember rightly, a massive section of Melodic Control. If you're not getting that information from that DVD then I don't think anything else is going to help you...

Friedman is very much focused on giving you the tools to find your own way, your own style, of course he's not going to just throw licks at you because that's not how he or indeed good lead playing works. If you really want examples then transcribe the stuff he plays on the DVD or his solos in Megadeth and his own solo work. He is telling you how he works already, bearing in mind what you should be learning from that DVD, it's not too much of a stretch to get that other stuff down.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Sickz
I got a couple of guitar DVDs, and id say Creative Fusion by Kiko loureiro ( a Rockhouse method dvd ) is pretty damn useful.

He shows use of arpeggios, triads , chord interventions and abit more stuff.

Then also show you on the second disc ( its a 2 disc dvd ) how you can use these ideas in diffrent music styles.

I´m pretty sure he talks about modulations aswell.

Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA9RVja0zGY&feature=related

thnx bro, i will check it out!
yes obvisously marty and gambale's dvd helped me a lot!
but what m saying is - any dvd about lead phrasing ! like i know scales and modes a little bit, but when m making a solo, the licks that i put together are sometimes sounds good,sometimes doesnt, so thats what i want , like somebody to play a solo first, then discussing it, how he have set different patterns together.

thanks for advices.
Might I also suggest that you just go out and learn a bunch of solos that you think sound really good.

I know it seems simple, or maybe even obvious, but a little "ear" training could be what you need. Playing stuff that sounds good is not a matter of technique, because music is a language. And you have to get a "feel" for how the language works by listening and speaking the language the way other's have done.

Learning a bunch of licks is cool, but IMO it's not the most effective way to understand how to pull those licks out in context.
Quote by COBHC912
yes obvisously marty and gambale's dvd helped me a lot!
but what m saying is - any dvd about lead phrasing ! like i know scales and modes a little bit, but when m making a solo, the licks that i put together are sometimes sounds good,sometimes doesnt, so thats what i want , like somebody to play a solo first, then discussing it, how he have set different patterns together.

thanks for advices.

This doesn't help you at all to be honest.

A solo should be a bunch of licks that you're stringing together, it should be a continuous piece of music. Stop thinking in terms of licks and techniques and think of sounds, melodies, all that good jazz rather than just licks.

Try this: put on a backing track and put down your guitar, sing a solo over it and pick out ideas that you think are phrased well and sound good. Memorise and transcribe them, then you'll have a good solo. It takes a whole load of practice but it stops you focusing on the physical aspects of playing the instrument and just gets you into the space of pure music.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I don't think a DVD with examples is really going to be all that helpful for you at this point. Learning (more?) theory and working out the kinks in your own style (do some improv, record it, break down what worked, what didn't, and why - on this note +1 to Zaphod, if you're just stringing licks together it's not much of a solo) are what you need to focus on right now.

you have to discover some things for yourself.

^
I've heard some good things about Lead Guitar Domination, a course online for learning lead guitar techniques. For $97 its a little steep though.

You might take a look at this or search for other courses online where you can work with a real human being if you have any questions or need tips.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Try this: put on a backing track and put down your guitar, sing a solo over it and pick out ideas that you think are phrased well and sound good. Memorise and transcribe them, then you'll have a good solo. It takes a whole load of practice but it stops you focusing on the physical aspects of playing the instrument and just gets you into the space of pure music.

yes i often practice the imprvs with some backing tracks, but the thing is i often came up with some normal licks(yeah sounds good with the chords)

but i felt disappointed when i cant create good long runs using all over the fret board.

for example i can play some petrucci stuffs, most of the metallica end solos, but this have always amazed me how he phrased that well,
Quote by Nightfyre
I don't think a DVD with examples is really going to be all that helpful for you at this point. Learning (more?) theory and working out the kinks in your own style (do some improv, record it, break down what worked, what didn't, and why - on this note +1 to Zaphod, if you're just stringing licks together it's not much of a solo) are what you need to focus on right now.

^

yea i always play a certain mode or scale , i liked that aeolian /natural minor kind of sounds.so i want to develop my style in that sort of sound.

so i am hoping , if some player show how he phrased his lead(no matter what mode or scale), i can apply it into my style.