lolometer1
UG's only melon deathstar
902 IQ
i just wrote this on a whim after having a little jam with my guitarist. thought it sounded nice, even if it's a little generic in places.
Attachments:
nightwalker daystalker.gp5
Ben

GEAR:
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.
Gessu
Learning Brain Drill! NOT
1,217 IQ
Generic melodic metalcore... I hate this.
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.
Seb1uk
4,004 IQ
I actually quite liked the chords in the intro, gave off a nice vibe, regardless of how generic it is. The rest of the song is generic yeah, but I just liked the intro. Some of the little touches to the drums were nice as well like the ride hits in the verse.
MattAnderson111
4,055 IQ
There is nothing wrong with melodic metalcore, you can use the generic key, you just need to make it sound fresh, it's not impossible either. Look at August Burns Red, good example. They are metalcore as ****, but their riffs sound nothing like any other bands. It's not a bad idea for a song, but it's need is variety. Variety and substance. If you are happy with this, then more power to you. If not, work on it, make the metalcore riffs less generic, make it interesting, clever key changes are always a plus, but don't over do it.

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=26832250#post26832250
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Last edited by MattAnderson111 at Apr 2, 2011,
Phoenix322
UG's Rain maker
386 IQ
Quote by MattAnderson111
There is nothing wrong with melodic metalcore, you can use the generic key, you just need to make it sound fresh, it's not impossible either. Look at August Burns Red, good example. They are metalcore as ****, but their riffs sound nothing like any other bands. It's not a bad idea for a song, but it's need is variety. Variety and substance. If you are happy with this, then more power to you. If not, work on it, make the metalcore riffs less generic, make it interesting, clever key changes are always a plus, but don't over do it.

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=26832250#post26832250

They're not your average metalcore band, but most of their riffs aren't really special.
This choice is passion, this path is tension.
Nemesis@Germany
Rhythm Guitar
465 IQ
that thing at.. somewhere in the middle of that solo at the end sounds off.

maybe it's generic, but i dont think i could write stuff like that.
i hope i'm not the only one (nearly) completely unable to write metalcore. :s
CLICK
Quote by synestershadows
Holy shit nemesis, that was depressing.
Mission accomplished!