Currently I am purchasing a Ibanez s470. I am planning to buy a multieffects pedal.

The sound I am trying to achieve is a high gain crunchy riff and also melodic and crisp lead. Presently, I am using a metalzone but I find it that it is overkill sometimes as the gain it produces is really high.

Example of sounds is: Metallica, A7X, BFMV, sum 41; Steve vai, Joe satriani, John Petrucci.

Please advise.

Thanks
1st pod hd is 2 generations ahead you cant compare both of these
2nd what amp do you own
The XT sounds produced which can be good. I think porcupine tree recorded using one of those. The other guitar player in my old band used to have one, and it sounded great.

The HD sounds less produced and a lot more natural. This makes it sound bigger and more well rounded but it takes more effort to get that tone.
ok. I am currently using a roland cube 15x amp. I know i is not a great amp and I am planning to get it changed soon.

Some forums claimed that the tone produced by POD HD500 is inferior to the POD XT live and also, it is very complicated to adjust the tones. Is this true?

What are your experiences on both?

Please advise.

Thanks
Quote by habba1
ok. I am currently using a roland cube 15x amp. I know i is not a great amp and I am planning to get it changed soon.

Some forums claimed that the tone produced by POD HD500 is inferior to the POD XT live and also, it is very complicated to adjust the tones. Is this true?

What are your experiences on both?

Please advise.

Thanks

The HD500 sounds a lot more natural, but less produced. It sounds a lot like a real tube amp. The attack and saturation is a lot more organic like a real tube amp. The xt is much inferior in terms of feel, but the patches seem to have a more produced sound which may be better if you dont want to mess too much with it. I can get better sound out of the HD500, but I pretty much do so, by simulating my real rig. In other words the HD500 sounds more like a real gig, while the XT sounds more processed. The more processed sound is nice however, because is more like a studio processed sound which may or may not be what you are looking for. For me, I prefer a realistic raw sound because I feel it gives me more control over my tone and dynamics.
Id ask, which is better: the POD X3 or the POD HD300?

Because people say that HDs are better than regular pods, but the HD300 costs more than the X3.

EDIT: HD costs LESS than the X3!
Last edited by fc89konkari at Apr 3, 2011,
Ok.

I will go down to try both pedals in 3 weeks time as I am on oversas internship.

I will give my opinions on both when I have tried them and I hope you guys can help me out then. Thanks.

By the POD XT live sold in my local shop is almost half the price of the POD XT live.

If you guys have any more suggestions for pedals or amps, please advise.

Thanks
Quote by nyandres
HD still. Its the first line 6 that feels very very very close to a high end tube amp.

Are you sure? Im checking because just now I realized that my last post was wrong and I edited it. I was meaning to say that the HD300 costs LESS than a POD X3.
A new POD X3 at thomann is 338e, but an HD300 is only 300e.

So are you sure an HD300 is better than an X3?
And how do X3 PROs do? (they are 655e at thomann :O)