I recently found a mondolin that my great great grandfather owned. It's made by a company called Edelklang and from what I read, they were only being made 1929-1933 approx. I haven't seen another mandolin like it though. It has a black cover plate over the bottom which has some flowers engraved into it. If anyone wants some pics, I can provide. Thanks!
Sounds like you got yourself a juuuuust-pre-nazi-german mandolin. wow. pics please good sir.
Quote by blue_strat
This is Germany we're talking about.

Germany

Quote by stoner179
Thanks alot. When i read the first sentence, i dont know why, but i laughed in the middle of my first class at tech school. You sir have made me look like a fool for the first and last time
Quote by LReiter
Sounds like you got yourself a juuuuust-pre-nazi-german mandolin. wow. pics please good sir.

You may be taking the piss....but I'm uploading the pictures to photobucket, gimme 5 minutes.
niiiiice. looks a bit "roughed up" though, might want to work on that
btw what does 'taking the piss' mean?
Quote by blue_strat
This is Germany we're talking about.

Germany

Quote by stoner179
Thanks alot. When i read the first sentence, i dont know why, but i laughed in the middle of my first class at tech school. You sir have made me look like a fool for the first and last time
Quote by LReiter

Making fun of basically
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by LReiter

Oh I know, there's a crack in the bottom plate, back bowl and the tip of the head is broken off. Can you tell me anything about it?

Taking the piss: messing/joking/lying etc.
Google, "What kind of mandolin is this?" or "How old is my mandolin?"

There are several answer boards that go over really old mandolin questions that people have asked. I've seen yours on there with the large bowl when I was researching my great grandfathers mandolin. There are lots of pics, answers, and links.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.