I just bought a Gibson Les Pul Jr, and it has a super dry fretboard. (if thats the right terminology)

does anyone have any recommend conditioners or something along those lines?
Last edited by RockinRyan13 at Apr 2, 2011,
lemon oil?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Lemon or linseed oils work well. There are other potions called fretboard conditioners you can also buy. I bought a large bottle of lemon oil at the grocery store and in over 20 years have barely put a dent in it.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Murphy's Oil soap will clean it up nicely (you can get it at the grocery store) rub it in well ...wipe it off.
Don't use to much - just enough to clean and brighten the wood grain. Then let it dry/soak in. After that a light rubbing with a lemon oil should be all it needs to bring out the grain and keep it almost new looking.

Stay away from the heavier oils/polishes as they can actually deaden or dull the sound and rob a bit of that sweet sustain.
Last edited by 57tvjr at Apr 2, 2011,
You shouldn't use spray on a neck. I used plain mineral oil on my fretboard.
Pledge should never go anywhere near a guitar.
Second apply any oil sparingly, do not soak the board and rub off any excess right away. The fingerboard should not look wet or shiny. The wood was dried for a reason and over oiling can prevent the wood from breathing properly.
Moving on.....