Hey guys,

So i just came across a strat body and neck. It's completely bare. It has only the tuning pegs, nut, bridge, frets, and trem system. But no wiring.

I wanted to spend around $200 - $300 on rewiring it. But what do I need to know? What do I need? I've installed pick ups myself before, but on a simpler telecaster.

I know i need the pick ups, a pickguard, but what else? What about hte tone nobs, and pickup selector, input jack?
you can always buy a pre-wired pickguard, that comes with everything you need.
I play guitar.
I'd say do the above and get a prewired one. If not then what you'll need are pots (typically 250k audio taper), a selector switch (3 or 5 way), an input jack if there's not one already, pickguard screws, pickup mounting screws and springs (usually come with the pups), knobs and plenty of hookup wire.
Quote by greennblue10
Do you guys recommend a site which has prewired pickguards?

ebay. seriously, I got my prewired pickguard from a seller on there and it was easy to install and worked.
I play guitar.
Quote by greennblue10
Do you guys recommend a site which has prewired pickguards?

Depends on the pickups you want in them. Stew-mac and Guitar fetish sell them and EMG sells them with their own pickups. If you want any particular brand of pickup then Ebay is your best bet.