I just got it, did some searching and it's a new virus that just came out in march, it hides all your files and says that the hard drive failed and it asks you to buy their stuff to get it all back. Anyway, I got rid of it with Malwarebyte's anti-malware, and my system is working fine again but all my files are still hidden. My desktop is empty and I can't find anything. How do I un-hide my stuff or get it back to how it was? Thanks, Godbless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Insert Windows disk, reinstall. Job done.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by PeZ546
Tools>Folder Options>View>Show Hidden Files

Where's the tools option at?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

TS did you try a restore point?
That might change the settings back..

Worth a shot if "show hidden files" doesn't work right?
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
I actually got it doing the show hidden files, everything is back except my desktop icons are kind of opaque looking. I'll get a pic here in a sec.

Last edited by tr3nt at Apr 2, 2011,
Quote by tr3nt

right click on the files and click properties and uncheck the hidden attribute and everything shoud go back to normal

[EDIT] Better more clear instructions: all you need to do for them to not look transparent like that is right click on all of them individually and go to properties and uncheck "Hidden" because what it means when they look transparent like that is that they are still hidden but since you made hidden files visible thats what they look like.
Last edited by Jonyman8 at Apr 2, 2011,
How do I get the minimize everything icon back down next to my start menu?