I found a guitar on craigslist that I'm thinking maybe I should rake up some dough and buy. It's a 1986 Ibanez Roadstar II, with a Power Rocker Bridge, a Super 70 humbucker in the bridge with tap, and two single coils.

I'm really curious about the Super 70 pickup. My craigslist is loaded with them. I Googled, and found out they have a resistance of about 7.5k, which is almost half of the JB in the bridge of my Schecter.

I play post-hardcore, metalcore, punk, pop-punk stuff. Would that pickup work for those styles of music, or is it a little weak?
Quote by Jason43
The super 70 isnt the original pickup for that guitar. I'd ask if he swapped it in, or if he's just mistaken. It's a PAF-like pickup, only with Alnico 8 magnets. One of the most desirable old Ibanez pickups. Probably not what you're looking for though.

I didn't think so, considering the ad listed the other two pickups as just single coil pickups. It looks different than the other two pickups, the single coils appear to be covered and the Super 70 is not.

I found a thread on a different website, it seems that it's output is a little low for what I would intend playing.
It's incredibly tempting, since it's become a recent dream of mine to own an 80's Ibanez Roadstar.
Actually, let me correct myself, it was offered on a few of the Roadstars in 86. Its sounds though, like its a Super 7F though. I know nothing about that pickup. Here's a link to the 86 catalog:
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/page.php?cat_id=130&year=1986
Small picture, but it's definitely not a Super 7F in the bridge.

EDIT: Also the bridge is a Power Rocker, not an Edge.

EDIT 2: Here it is: http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/expansion.php?cat_id=370&now=3

It's either the RG135 or RG120. I'm more inclined to believe it's the RG120 with the pickguard altered to fit a humbucker. Lots of Roadstars in my area have been modded like this.
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Apr 2, 2011,
I have 3 super 70's in my les paul.. I play everything on them, from jethro tull to Slipknot, and it all sounds amazing. If your craigslist is laoded with them, I suggest snapping a couple up, they're really good.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.