So I've seen quite a few intermediate quality jazz basses by Fender and they all look promising, but which has the best value? And at the same time is also the best bass overall?
I'm looking for a bass that is versatile, which im sure all of these are.

-Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
-Fender American Special Jazz Bass
-Fender Highway One Jazz Bass

Can someone tell me what the big differences are in terms of specs, SOUND, and playability? I've heard the Geddy Lee has a different neck and seymour duncan pickups.
The Highway One and Geddy Lee are both superior to the American Special.

The difference between the two is the neck and pickup spacing, the Geddy Lee's bridge pup is closer to the bridge so it is brighter and less bassy and the neck is thinner, too thin for me.
Alright, Thank you for the input. But seriously, the Highway One is better than the American Special? Its $200 less than the American Special! >.>
Quote by ExhaledFate
Alright, Thank you for the input. But seriously, the Highway One is better than the American Special? Its $200 less than the American Special! >.>

They're the same price usually so the place selling the HW1 must be selling an older one. BUY IT WHILE ITS CHEAP.
Well Im looking at the guitarcenter website and sure enough, the highway one is $800USD and the American Special is $1000USD. The only problem is the Fretboard. Maple is a must for me when it comes to Jazz Basses
Why?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
I just have a fetish for Maple fretboards on Jazz Basses. It just looks Right. It doesnt look right to me with a rosewood fretboard.
If it was me, I would save up to buy the American Standard rather than the special. The things you're getting w/ the standard is so much more than the special.
Sincerely, my favorite Fender is the American Standard Jazz Bass. Dunno why, the sound just fits my ears.
Well thanks guys. I suppose i have some Saving to do. Does the Geddy Lee really sound thin?