Looking to buy a not to expensive compressor/sustainer to add to my board, looked-up the Digitech XMS Main Squeeze Compressor/Sustainer on the net, seemed ok in demos, any suggestions ?? Need more sustain for leads, i use a Marshall JCM800 and a Les Paul Standard, distortion by MXR Distortion III.

Thanks.
budget and location?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by JDizzle787
I'd try one out first. I have a Barber tone press and while it's a good compressor, it's not crazy useful for sustain. Why do you use a mxr pedals for distortion when you have a JCM?

Because i play at low volume most of the time, that JCM is quite loud in the house.
My budget is under $100 and i live near Montreal (CA)..
^^ not fussed on the boss one

I haven't tried it, but based on how nice their other pedals are, i'd be tempted to try the tonerider one, if you can get them in canada. I know here they're around about your budget.

you also have things like mxr etc. which might be under budget where you are (they aren't here)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
BBE also make the Benchpress which is supposed to be like the famed Ross compressor for a little more.
You might be able to find a used Diamon Compressor for $100. Got mine for €110 and you're in Canada, so.

If you're looking for sustain, I don't think a compression pedal is really going to satisfy. It will improve your sustain a bit, but it squashes your sound and adds noise by doing so.
Quote by CQJR
Isn't the ToneRider an OverDrive ??

they do an od too, but they definitely do a compressor pedal as well.

but as WtrPlyr says, a compressor mightn't be what you want. An od might do what you want better (assuming you want more sustain with a distorted tone).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My MXR in combinaison with my JCM gives me plenty of what i want distortion wise, but i lack sustain at low volume, i had full of sustain with my MetalZone but too dirty distortion for what i want these days..
Finaly bought the EH Soul Preacher, over the top sustain if i want it playing with distortion, a bit dirtier than i wanted playing clean but overall satisfied with it..