Hey guys, whats up:

SET UP:
Epiphone LP Standard w/ Stock Pickups
Line 6 Spider 4 15w
Digitech rp355

RANDOM INFO:
Genre: Hard Rock, Blues, Metal
Budget:850$ (850$, but my preferance would be around 750$)
City: Louisville KY USA
Future Interest: Roland GR-55 Synthesizer, A good amp, a nice set of pickups that will play Hard Rock/Metal/Blues, Better Guitar
Favorite Musicians/Bands: Carlos Santana, The Eagles, Randy Rhoades, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Eric Clapton, Ray Charles, Def Leppard, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Black Label Society, Anthrax, The Grateful Dead...etc. the list goes on

I've also looked into Carvins, Orange, Blackstar, Crate, Fender, Kustom, Krank, Randall....and a slew of other random amps

Im looking for an amp that will give a good tone, more of a mix of Pantera with Led Zeppelin, with a bit of Black Label Society...because those some of my favorite performers...

As mentioned above i would prefer to keep the budget under 850$, but i could go to 900$ if one of you recommend an amp that blows me away.

I know that the best way to find "your perfect amp" is to go out and play them at a music store or something, and thats why im going to town in the next month or so and trying some out, but i just want to hear some good, unbiased, no bullsh*t reviews and recommendations based off the info i previously gave...

I've been told to buy The Randall RT Series RT50c, the Dean Dime D100c and the Peavey 6505...but i'd be glad to hear some other recommendations

THANKS guys, as always you guys rock!
I am looking to buy a new amp, and I played a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Hot-Rod-Deluxe-III-40W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=H12889
I really liked it a lot, the clean sounds excellent, the distortion is suspect, however that can easily be fixed with a good distortion pedal, which i plan on getting for it. Its 40W tube, and costs about $700
Quote by MangoStarr
i think i love you
Pantera and led zeppelin are like opposite ends of the spectrum. You will need either a modeler type or two amps.
Guitars
Amps
What Levi79 said. Make sure whichever one you choose has EL34's in it, that'll help you get closer to what you want.

If you don't mind digital amps, the Line 6 HD147 is also an excellent choice to nail any tone you want.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
What Levi79 said. Make sure whichever one you choose has EL34's in it, that'll help you get closer to what you want.

If you don't mind digital amps, the Line 6 HD147 is also an excellent choice to nail any tone you want.

I'll play devils advocate maybe a POD HD500 because of how many styles TS is into...
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
May not be for you, since you're into a different style of metal than me, but I really liked Bugera's clean tones and they also can easily do metal.
I hate my sig
Mesa Mark 3 or 4 combo, you can find them for under $900 all the time
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Jet City JCA 50h head with Blackstar HTV-212, all for exactly $800. But if you are willing to pay $150 extra dollars, get a Randall RT 2x12 instead.

It should cover all of the bands in your list, plus it can do cleans. Here are some of my clips of what it can do.

Clean + Chorus

Metal

Metal (Better Quality)

I have the 100w version, but the 50w is the same circuit just running half power.
Mesa Mark IV good cleans and high gain
Mesa Recto-verb get the high gain grind of a rectifier and the nicest cleans of the rectifier series imo.
I picked my rov up for under $700 u.s
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Last edited by slipknot_420 at Apr 3, 2011,
Dual rec. 2 channel.

My standard rec

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Dual rec. 2 channel.

My standard rec

If you can find one for 850, do it. A mark III may be more attainable though
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
Has anybody else noticed that every person who posted in this thread has recommended a different amp?

I'm predicting the next person is going to say to get a Vyper Tube 120. Or one of those low-watt Blackstars.
Dude I've got a Mark Iv, and it's the best amp I've ever played, I had a deal getting mine for $925 :P
Mesa Single Recto I'd say - or the JCA w/ an distortion pedal so you have a clean/dist/hi-gain channel.
The Blackstar HT 40 or Soloist 60.

Check them out if you can.

I ahve the HT 40 and have no problem getting tones anywhere from Zep to Tom Petty to Godsmack.
2011 PRS CU24 (Black/Gold), Carvin Legacy 3
Quote by slipknot_420
Mesa Mark IV good cleans and high gain
Mesa Recto-verb get the high gain grind of a rectifier and the nicest cleans of the rectifier series imo.
I picked my rov up for under $700 u.s

Damn, recto verbs go for 1100 euro's here and the mark IV 1400

Mark III is a really good choice if you want and amp that will last you a lifetime. Be warned though: they are a bitch to dial in right.
gear
-Giablo JTM45
-Hook 2X12
-fender hw1 strat
-Fender AVRI 62 strat
bugera 333xl is great. peavey jsx as mentioned. if you can get a mark IV for cheap enough get it cause those are amazing and very versetile. vypyr 60. really most of the suggestions on this thread so far are worth looking into.