hey guys,
I've been playing guitar for a little over 5 years now
I'm still playing my first guitar (ibanez gio)
it's time for a new guitar but I can't decide on one

so i was looking for some advice
this is what I am looking for in a guitar
-Active pickups
-Tremolo system
and also not NEEDED but would like
-set neck or neck thru design

also my hands are average sized but my fingers are somewhat long for the size of my hand
so I don't know whether to get a thin or fat neck
any advice would be good
thanks
neck profile is very personal... i'm not sure how much it depends on the size of your hands, just what you like.

what's your budget and what's your amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
1000 dollars MAX budget

my amps:
currently play with a Peavey Bandit 112 and 180watt behringer PA amp as an external speaker
Last edited by meateatingvegan at Apr 2, 2011,
might be worth diverting some of that towards a new amp budget...

regarding guitars, schecter have a bunch with those specs, also washburn.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hey, best advice, spend a day in your nearest guitar store playing all guitars in there (dont let em throw you out!) and see what suits you a guitar is a very personal thing so its hard to suggest anything that wont turn out crap

rich
94' Squier Strat- sanded down (BY HAND!)

PRS Tremonti Se

Crybaby wah

Digitech tube overdrive
normally you get a locking nut with a floyd...

so no, unless you really like how locking tuners make string-changing a bit quicker. If you're only worried about keeping it in tune, the locking nut's going to keep it in tune better than locking tuners.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by richastro
hey, best advice, spend a day in your nearest guitar store playing all guitars in there (dont let em throw you out!) and see what suits you a guitar is a very personal thing so its hard to suggest anything that wont turn out crap

rich

LOL @ the throwing you out part.

I second this advice. In fact, you might even wanna hit up 2-3 different stores.

I've bought guitars that I never touched 4-5 times just based on good reviews. All of them were not right for me.

Then I did the work and actually stepped foot into a store and tried stuff out.

Now my guitars all fit my playing like a glove.
^^^^^^^

Don't spit on the other customers, or staff.

TS: Tbh, there are a large number of brands that make guitars to your specs. As for the neck size, just find a brand of guitar that's neck fits your hand comfortably; any guitar made by that brand will generally have the same neck size.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Last edited by Nimbus456 at Apr 3, 2011,
Feeling the guitar in your hands and playing it for a while is such an important thing because after few tests you can feel instantly what's feeling real comfortable & smooth to play with and what's not. This is my friend makes a lot of difference