Huy guys,

Im just a bedroom guitarist who would do the odd uni gig here and there.

I don't know whether i should get a new amp or get Amplitube 3?

If I was to get a new amp I don't know which amp to get. I want to get a tube amp but I don't know what wattage I should be looking at.

I play mainly metal but trying to learn other types of music.

There's not too much of a budget but I don't want to get anything over than £700.

Thanks.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
get an amp .
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
amp dude all the way
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
£700 is more than enough for a good tube amp, go for one of them.

Although, as a fan of VSTs, I recommend to looking into Amplitube (or similar programs) in the future, I find it to be something that every practicing and recording guitarist should have. No easier way to find a new tone or do a quick demo recording.

Amp takes precedence, but that software is fun stuff. Just make sure whenever you go for the VSTs you invest in a good DI box, otherwise it will sound awful.
Last edited by Seref at Apr 2, 2011,
There are plenty of excellent free VSTs you can use while saving up for amplitube. What's your current setup?
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
yea i would say pick up the free vst's (like lepou's and the tube screamer one) and get a real amp.
Guitars
Amps
If you are only a bedroom player.

Get the Baron Snott Watt along with Pod Farm and youll be all set.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness