i was expecting...

"i found a bag of weed!"

what ohm rating are the speakers?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by polishedbullet
Can nobody else see the "Impedance 16 ohms" written on it?

I know the speaker is a 16 ohm speaker. You do know that 4 16ohm speakers depending on how they are wired could be 16 or 8 impedence and possibly 4?
Im not an expert..that is why i post the pics showing the wiring
I did some research on the model of speakers and it seems they are used in 67-68 fender twins. not shure if they are oem speakers for the cab. but they sound awsome.
funny i always assumed this was a 4x12 this thing moves a ton of air.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
That's why they make ohm meters Just hook up a speaker cable to the input plug and with the ohm meter set to ohms put the red adapter to the tip and the black to the sleeve of the other end of the cable. Then you will know without a doubt what it is.

EDIT: It looks to be wired in Parallel so I would guess it is wired for 16ohms at the end. I would still make sure with an ohm meter to know for sure. You never know what reading you will get especially if you never heard the speaker's play before. If one is blown or something or has a bad connection it could have a completely different reading than you would think from looking at the wire configuration. Since I can't see every square inch of the wiring I have no clue of what they could be doing in the spots I can't see.

Being nitpicky, I have to point out that reading the resistance isn't the same as reading the impedance.

But it will be more or less close to the proper value.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by polishedbullet
Can nobody else see the "Impedance 16 ohms" written on it?

i couldn't, damn interwebs...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
It seems the d110f speakers are highly sought after by fender guys for there big clean sound. Looks like they go for 250-350 a piece. I find they sound great for chuggy metal when driven but Im thinking they would be better served in a vintage fender resto. Should i sell them?
Last edited by dlowe102 at Apr 3, 2011,
Looks like series/parallel. Should be 16ohms.

EDIT: Actually, I can't see the wires close enough. It may be entirely in parallel in which case you'd have a 4ohm cab. Got any better pics?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Last edited by mmolteratx at Apr 3, 2011,
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Well speakers usually will read a little lower than they claim to be like say it is an 8 ohm speaker it will read about 7.6 or 7.8 that's hooked straight to the speaker, they could even read a little more than rated in some cases. Then with the cable all hooked up to a cab it will ad a little resistance from the cable more or less considering length and awg. But my ohm meter reads actual impedance from what the manual says. I am sure you know plenty about wiring to know that the way I told TS is a good surefire way to tell what a cab is running at. You may not see the exact number you want to see but it will be close enough to know what it is at.

I said I was being nitpicky. I did not say you were completely wrong.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
If the impedance is 16 ohm you will probably read about 15 ohms or so with a multimeter (it has to be less than 16) but there is no need to guess. Just disconnect one side of one speaker and measure the resistance of that speaker. Now connect the speaker back up and measure the resistance across the output jack. Now you should be able to work it out very simply what impedance is actually presented across the jack.
If they are all in parallel the resistance across the jack will be 1/4 of what you measured for the one speaker meaning that your overall impedance is 4 ohm.
If it is wired series/parallel the resistance at the jack will be very close to the same value that the single speaker was, meaning your overall impedance is 16 ohm.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification