Does he have one?

what pickups does he uses?

Strings?

what would i need if i was going to make his guitar?
but mainly his 1962 strat

i think he uses seymour duncan pickups but those are basically copies of the 60s pickups as his had broken
He doesn't have a signature guitar...he's got quite a few guitars! Lots of Strats and Teles Here are a few of his main guitars:

Fender Strats ('55, '61, and '62)
Fender Telecaster ('63)
Gretsch White Falcon ('55)
Gibson Les Paul Custom ('69)
Martin O-15

http://jftab.com/htm/john-frusciante-gear-guitars.html

That link has pretty much every guitar he's every been seen playing.

I recently bought a Fender American Vintage '62 Strat. Through an EL34-powered amp, it nails his Strat tones. I just uploaded a cover of Wet Sand today...check it out if you want to hear how it sounds!
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Damn, that is a sweet collection. At least we know those babies are in good hands.

Btw, it's also an interesting collection of "looks" he's had over the years. CHeck out those last few pics : )
Quote by '93
but mainly his 1962 strat

i think he uses seymour duncan pickups but those are basically copies of the 60s pickups as his had broken

His broke?
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
Correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure most of his collection he sold due to his drug problems?
It depends on what era you want to sound like ? early john or new john ?
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Fender Standard Stratocaster black 1980s model
Epiphone EJ-200CE Natural
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
Quote by ShortSpaceWAng
Correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure most of his collection he sold due to his drug problems?
It depends on what era you want to sound like ? early john or new john ?

He still has his most known ones like the White Falcon, his 62, 61 and 55 Strats, his 63 and 65 Teles. Actually, I don't think he lost many guitars to his addiction at all.
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
Quote by unicornfist
His broke?

just the pickups areound the end of the cali tour i think

his colleciton of BSSM had been lost...but he stil has all those he used to record SA, BTW and cali. basically the first half of that list

but i think he gave someaway, mainly to josh klinghoffer and i think maybe some to warpaint
Quote by unicornfist
He still has his most known ones like the White Falcon, his 62, 61 and 55 Strats, his 63 and 65 Teles. Actually, I don't think he lost many guitars to his addiction at all.

He bought his white falcon after his drug addiction, for a cool 30k. All/most the guitars before his addiction were pawned off.
As horrible as that is, i can't help but imagine that the rebuilding of his guitar collection must have been an awesome few years.

EDIT: Frusciante playing an RG..mind=blown.
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Last edited by ILuvPillows? at Apr 3, 2011,
I like early john most definetly but i like new john aswell but i like i might get a reissue 62 fista red and get mothers milk pickups
Quote by Miteour18
I like early john most definetly but i like new john aswell but i like i might get a reissue 62 fista red and get mothers milk pickups

that would be amazing

althoughi think the MMs are based off of fender 60s pickups so im not sure how much difference there would be
Last edited by '93 at Apr 3, 2011,
jesus he really likes strats....or guitars from 1962.

200 watt marshall? christ.

and that 2006 era pedal board is just silly. silly. i personally would forget about 25% of what was on that damn thing. and Moog effects? not cheap. wonder how many thousands of dollars his board costs.
johns collection is amazing but i dont think anyone would sell it the way he did but i guess his guitar is still out there lol

ill find you mwahahaha