I'm having a bit of an issue here. I've been recording/playing guitar through my interface into my PC and it was working fine. I usually played with my 6 string, but for the past few weeks I've only been playing through it with my 7 string. I finally decided to play on the 6 string and I noticed that when I plugged into guitar rig the signal was VERY low. I could barely hear the guitar.

I switched back to the 7 string and the signal is just fine. This is odd because the 6 string worked properly before. I figured maybe something was wrong with the wiring of the pups so I plugged my 6 string into my amp and it played as normally. I can't figure out what's going on. Both guitars play fine through my amp, but only the 7 string is giving a decent signal through my interface.

Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.
Quote by mmolteratx
What pickups are in your 6/7?

My 7 string has a DiMarzio DP707 in the neck position and a DiMarzio D- Sonic 7 in the bridge position. As far as the 6 string goes, it's a Schecter Omen-6 with stock pick ups.
Hmm. Are you running your guitar straight into your interface? You probably need a pre to get the level up and impedance matched. The DiMarzios are probably just working because of their high output.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Hmm. Are you running your guitar straight into your interface? You probably need a pre to get the level up and impedance matched. The DiMarzios are probably just working because of their high output.

Yes, I am going directly into my interface, I'm not so sure that the problem is a lack of a preamp as the 6 string worked fine before. As far as I recall I haven't changed any settings or done anything different this time around. I'm a bit stumped.